Wanna Scrap 304 Put In A 351 Windsor Need Trans. Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Wanna Scrap 304 Put In A 351 Windsor Need Trans. Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
bweaver
1979 CJ7 

Wanna Scrap 304 Put In A 351 Windsor Need Trans. Help

Ok heres the deal, got a 79 CJ7 with a 304, got a complete 351w 5.8 ford motor. Want to put in the CJ, cannot find anyone with a bellhousing adapter. Surely someone can help. want to keep my T150 transmission for now!!

bweaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
69cj5

Start here http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge...l_block_v8.htm
BEsrk I just drain the fluids, attach a strap to the top of the cage and pull the vehicle over in the backyard.. strap only costs $15. Or.. I just drive up a tree with one wheel until the rig flops on its side.. too easy and that one's free.
69cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Renegade79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

x2 on the novak site. tons of great info. from what i gathered from that site and others, you use the ford manual transmission bell housing which you have to drill to fit your transmission, your T150 with the front shaft ground down 5/8in (IIRC), a special pilot bushing that novak makes, and then the novak ford V8 motor mounts. please take pics and do a write up on here when you do the swap!
Renegade79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweaver View Post
Ok heres the deal, got a 79 CJ7 with a 304, got a complete 351w 5.8 ford motor. Want to put in the CJ, cannot find anyone with a bellhousing adapter. Surely someone can help. want to keep my T150 transmission for now!!
Don't use an adapter on the bell housing, get a 351 W and back it up with Ford T-18 trans and bell housing/clutch...
Worry about the trans to transfer case adapter, not the engine to transmission mating.
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #5
Inabon
1978 CJ7 

how much are you asking for the 304?
Inabon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
bweaver
1979 CJ7 

might already have motor sold, if i ever get this swap done! jeep runs good now so dont want to swap engines until i have all the necessary parts!! If i do swap and guy falls thru on motor I will post!
bweaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.