Waketower Boat Marine Speaker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Waketower Boat Marine Speaker

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Waketower Boat Marine Speaker

Has anybody ever adapted these for use in a CJ? After seeing threads on making mountable speaker enclosures out of PVC these seem like a great option. I have no idea what size tubing the mounts can accomodate - anybody know if these would mount to a CJ roll bar?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOSS-MRW...ht_4898wt_1036

42310718.jpg  
CJ7KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

I find it really hard to believe that folks will go through the trouble to fabricate speaker enclosures out of PVC pipe caps to mount to the roll bar of their CJ's and create really detailed how-to threads with a lot of pics yet NO one is interested in a professionally made enclosed speaker designed for exterior marine use and specifically to be mounted to a bar..

Surely someone has these in a CJ or has a wake board boat with them and can comment on the mount
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
CaJones

I have~ I have a 2" double tube rollbar over the top. I had speakers drilled in mounted there for years. They always shook loose, and it was time for an upgrade. I got two Lanzar AQWB69 speakers. They clamp right on to a single 2 or 3" bar and hold great. They look huge, and I've gotten some ribbing... but when the volume is turned up, sound great at any speed. They're pushed by a simple Amp. Still new, but hopefully will last.
CaJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7KAHUNA View Post
I find it really hard to believe that folks will go through the trouble to fabricate speaker enclosures out of PVC pipe caps to mount to the roll bar of their CJ's and create really detailed how-to threads with a lot of pics yet NO one is interested in a professionally made enclosed speaker designed for exterior marine use and specifically to be mounted to a bar..

Surely someone has these in a CJ or has a wake board boat with them and can comment on the mount
Maybe it's because you can make PVC versions for about $15 in materials versus the $88/ea for the ones you linked to. Let's see, $15 a pair versus $176/pair, is it really so hard to believe there's no interest?
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
ChaseKanter

I went with the Lanzar wakeboard tower speakers too. 6.5 inch I think. I bought a 1000 watt amp to go with them. No need to install the amp though, they are PLENTY loud off a factory deck. Ran the wiring under the rollbar cover. You can hear these things perfectly while driving. Also, they don't get in the way of anything and are waterproof. They sure do get a lot of confused looks from ppl.

Last edited by ChaseKanter; 06-25-2013 at 04:45 PM..
ChaseKanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

One thing about "marine" speakers... they are normally just a common automotive speaker with nothing more exotic to them than a mylar or polypropylene speaker cone which is impervious to damage from moisture. Which is what most of the automotive speakers like from Polk are made from... so unless a speaker has a paper cone, I would consider it as suitable for outdoor use even in rainy weather. The benefit to marine speakers is they are more profitable to the dealer and manufacturer because they say marine on them. I have no doubt that some marine speakers may have galvanized frames, gold connectors, etc. but those I have installed in my previous boats were nothing of the sort... a standard speaker with a poly or mylar cone. Which most automotive speakers have had for years. For less $$$.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
cjjon7
1983 CJ7 

Ive got a nice aluminum set of polk audio from a ski nautique bar im using and some marine 5" or so for beneath the dash. built a fiberglass box for those
cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
Nereussailor
1984 CJ7 

If I had those speakers in my Jeep, they'd be gone in a day or two. I don't have a garage.
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathkiller View Post
Maybe it's because you can make PVC versions for about $15 in materials versus the $88/ea for the ones you linked to. Let's see, $15 a pair versus $176/pair, is it really so hard to believe there's no interest?
You wont find many people more cost conscious than me and I agree you could get into a home fabricated set cheaper but if you want 6x9's and want a more professional look these are certainly an option.

I should also note that while I may be a miser on price not everyone on this board is. A lot of guys don't mind paying a little more for a nicer product.
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseKanter View Post

You Sir have a very nice CJ5. I love the full black. I have entertained the idea of doing this with my CJ7 Laredo. I just like the Laredo hood decal. When I paint it I may go full black and have just the Laredo hood decal.
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #11
ChaseKanter

Thanks, yea I thought about adding a hood renegade decal. I decided not to though, just all black everything instead.
ChaseKanter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.