waiting on my 82 Renegade - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > waiting on my 82 Renegade

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #16
krbernier
1982 CJ7 

that money is GONE......

krbernier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
petey156
1977 CJ5 

Sorry to see this, File a police report. Local and where it was supposed to be located, How did you pay for it?
petey156 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #18
krbernier
1982 CJ7 

i feel bad for you. Google is your friend i found this in three seconds.
krbernier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #19
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Nick, how much did you get scammed for? How much money are you out? Too bad there's no magical Morning After pill for getting scammed...
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #20
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Not sure I've ever seen anybody remove the license plate(s) just for a photo shoot. Usually they will blur it out, but to remove them has me kinda fishy on the whole thing.
I would put a stop on any funds being transferred or start digging in to recoup your funds. To buy a vehicle without actually putting your hands on it never made any sense to me. Makes it easier to be scammed.
Also, the military will work with people being deployed. When I was deployed, we were given the opportunity to park our personal vehicle in the motor pool where it was secure. So what's this guys story? Just because he was being deployed, he had to sell what appears to be a sweet azz rig.
Sorry bro, I hope everything works out, but I have to side with the members who think its a scam.
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #21
nicksdiner

Its all good I did not deposit the money in the bank account I did a search on her name and she came up in Scambook and she happened to be very popular. Thanks guys
nicksdiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #22
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Great score! My '76 was a basket case when I dragged it home 11 years ago. I envy those who don't have to undo years of abuse & neglect.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #23
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

^ someone hasn't been reading the thread! Lol, sorry to hear it happened to you, glad no money was sent yet! Don't give up on getting a cj though!
orange80cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #24
nicksdiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange80cj7 View Post
^ someone hasn't been reading the thread! Lol, sorry to hear it happened to you, glad no money was sent yet! Don't give up on getting a cj though!

No way always been my favorite. And thank you
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #25
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Nice, the 360 with a normal hipo build should be 250-300 hp. What killed the 360's power was low compression after 1973. With just high compression pistons you would be at 250 hp range.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #26
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksdiner View Post
Its all good I did not deposit the money in the bank account I did a search on her name and she came up in Scambook and she happened to be very popular. Thanks guys
Close that account.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksdiner

Thanks guys
Since I was the first one to warn you this was a scam - you are welcome.

Truthfully, this one was super easy to spot though.

Unfortunately these slime ball scammers are getting better and better by the day.

Don't let that discourage you from buying a clean CJ from another part of the Country though, nor from buying anything from one of our brave Service Members. If you find a clean Jeep listed for sale at a reasonable price, consider making a link-up date to fly out and look at it, or have a trustworthy person lay eyes on it and snap a lot of good pics. It's common for people on these Jeep forums to ask if someone local could check one out for them. I've seen it work. Also, for the price range/condition you seem to be looking for, you could always fly out, buy it and drive home. Would make for a cool story for years to come, and is what Jeepin' is all about - the adventure!

Hopefully this lesson good lesson learned for you and others. If you would've sent the money and they cashed in, you would've been out that money. End of discussion. No police report or claim would've brought your money back. These bastards are good, and they know the capabilities of the law enforcement as well a how to continue 'hooking' innocent people out of their hard earned cash. Personally, I wish they would all get hit by a train, and the video posted online. To me, they are thieves, and I hate thieves more than anything else...

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #28
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT View Post
Since I was the first one to warn you this was a scam - you are welcome.

Truthfully, this one was super easy to spot though.

Unfortunately these slime ball scammers are getting better and better by the day.

Don't let that discourage you from buying a clean CJ from another part of the Country though, nor from buying anything from one of our brave Service Members. If you find a clean Jeep listed for sale at a reasonable price, consider making a link-up date to fly out and look at it, or have a trustworthy person lay eyes on it and snap a lot of good pics. It's common for people on these Jeep forums to ask if someone local could check one out for them. I've seen it work. Also, for the price range/condition you seem to be looking for, you could always fly out, buy it and drive home. Would make for a cool story for years to come, and is what Jeepin' is all about - the adventure!

Hopefully this lesson good lesson learned for you and others. If you would've sent the money and they cashed in, you would've been out that money. End of discussion. No police report or claim would've brought your money back. These bastards are good, and they know the capabilities of the law enforcement as well a how to continue 'hooking' innocent people out of their hard earned cash. Personally, I wish they would all get hit by a train, and the video posted online. To me, they are thieves, and I hate thieves more than anything else...

I was the first in the other thread mentioning your "find", so YOU'RE WELCOME from me too!
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #29
nicksdiner

You we're right on it and once again ty. I cross referenced her name on Google and she came up big time. Same story about getting deployed to Afghanistan needing to make the deal soon,
5583_1371712155404.jpeg

2013cj-7dsc_0027ber.jpeg

Unread 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #30
nicksdiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafpu View Post

I was the first in the other thread mentioning your "find", so YOU'RE WELCOME from me too!

Lol yeah I screwed that up. Ty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.