Vortec Max 6.0 On It's Way - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Vortec Max 6.0 On It's Way

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-23-2010, 03:38 AM   #1
BaliJeeper
1982 CJ7 

Vortec Max 6.0 On It's Way

Well, my engine has been shipped via Sea Freight, now I need to wait one month for its arrival. Arrrrrrrrgggggggggggg...

Once its arrived I will keep you guys updated on how the swap goes.. Yee Haa... I am sure I will be needing advice from the many Jeep owners here.. Thx!

[IMG][/IMG]

BaliJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
CJman77
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliJeeper View Post
Well, my engine has been shipped via Sea Freight, now I need to wait one month for its arrival. Arrrrrrrrgggggggggggg...

Once its arrived I will keep you guys updated on how the swap goes.. Yee Haa... I am sure I will be needing advice from the many Jeep owners here.. Thx!

[IMG][/IMG]
Sea freight? What are they building them in china now?
CJman77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
kickingprop
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJman77 View Post
Sea freight? What are they building them in china now?
I think he's having one shipped from the states over to Bali IIRC from a previous thread
Phase Three: Waggy 44 front, Scout D44 Rear, 4.56's, ARB's (F/R) SOA with YJ Springs, 35x12.50x15 BFG MT - Not Even Close to beginning

Also a mostly rust-free 1970 Scout 800A That I'll get to start working on someday...

Quote:
Chrome won't get you home...BUT Rattle Can Black may just get you back"
kickingprop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
stlouis400ex

that is so pretty!
stlouis400ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Very cool! I have never seen louvers on the rounded edge of the hood like that.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
Matt_G
1979 CJ5 

that pic just became my new background....love it!

two questions, where did you get that hood, what did you put in the old spot of your gas filler?
Matt_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #7
bbc
1985 CJ7 

We want more pictures of that beauty!
Interested in that hood. more details.
bbc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
BaliJeeper
1982 CJ7 

LOL, wow I never knew my Jeep would generate this much interest.. Yes, I am having the engine shipped from Novak in the states to here in Bali, Indonesia. I am originally from NY but now live here for the past ten + years.
Matt G- Hood I designed and had custom made here in Bali, the Gas filler in the back has been sealed along with the drop gate so the back is smooth with custom LED lights, will get some more pics up when time allows.. : )
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
carldimery
1979 CJ7 

How do you plan to mate the 6.0? What kind of adapters, wiring harness, fuel injection ect. The reason i ask is becuse i also have a ls2 6.0 that i have and i am wondering if i should try to mate this to my cj7 with an ax-15 tranny. Also what kin d of tranny do you plan to run? Very interested in this whole thread. Thanks.
carldimery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
BaliJeeper
1982 CJ7 

[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
BaliJeeper
1982 CJ7 

@ Carldimery,

Everything is included from Novak, I will be changing my Tranny though to an automatic 700R4 that has been upgraded to beaf it up.. my current setup is the original 258 inline 6 with the T176 Tranny and Dana 30 case. so all I will be using from my current set up is the Transfer case and Novak provides the adaptor for that.. wiring from what I understand from Novak is five or six wires but we will see, its never as easy as it sounds especially with my Jeep being a right hand drive... Will keep you guys posted...
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #12
Matt_G
1979 CJ5 

right hand drive..... thats really cool.

do you mind if i do the same with my gas tank. i absolutely love that, plus i want to add a rear stinger later and don't want to have to worry about designing around the gas tank.

so on your hood, did they cut out the area and bondo those in? are they real?

you don't happen to have a build thread on this do you? please start one if you don't.

i bet you could win CJ of the month
Matt_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
BaliJeeper
1982 CJ7 

@ Matt G Ya took a while before I figured out how to drive the thing, right hand drive and shifting with my left hand.. not following the gas tank deal?? what do you mean?? the gas filler location??

On the hood, NO bondo, the "Gills" are actually cut from the hood and the scoop as well is all steel, no BONDO to be had! I will get some better hood pics up soon.. : ) No build thread, I am new to this posting stuff.. I am a quiet guy from Bali not use to all the attention.. LOL... I like the CJ of the month though, cash prize?? LOL...
Unread 01-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #14
BaliJeeper
1982 CJ7 

[IMG][/IMG]

interior shot, full JL audio subs and W7 10" subs... more fabs to come once the new engine arrives... its only money after all...
Unread 01-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #15
YJteen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

This is one of my favorite jeeps on the forum. Very tasteful and clean.
You should be fine with the axle setup, just as long as you don't beat on it as hard as you would looking at a Playboy magazine, the d30 and d35 should hold up.
YJteen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.