No, not at all, your 'Experiences' are your experiences,
And unless you want people calling you names, don't call others names.
However I do take offense when someone INSISTS they are correct,
When what they 'Experienced' can't cause the symptoms the OP is talking about.
Your gauge told you the charging was intermittent, and over time while DRIVING the vehicle, the battery finally failed to get enough charge to start your engine.
Good catch on the 'Ring Terminal', and that would cause exactly what you described happened to you...
On the other hand,
Not at all like the symptoms the OP posted.
He said the battery ran down while PARKED, and I quote,
...It sat for a couple of weeks and I had to jump it today...
Slow discharge, two weeks time frame...
Could be a bad battery not holding charge...
But with this,
Until today the volt meter has measured a solid 14 while the engine is running no matter the rpm.
I noiced that the volt meter fluctuated from approx 11-16 bouncing around. While driving it is right at 16.
Now, that suggest to me the voltage regulator isn't working.
Could be a bad battery AND a faulty voltage regulator at the same time,
Or a bad battery and the 'Sense' wire to the regulator plug not making good contact...
But showing a solid 16+ volts when the engine was off idle,
That suggests a bad regulator or 'Sense' wire signal that is UN-Interrupted.
Could be a deeply discharged battery playing hell with the regulator...
But a PROPERLY working regulator should NEVER exceed 14.5 volts, no matter what the condition of the battery...
Since there are some other troubling statements...
I had to jump it today and it fired right off...
I drove several miles to work and it just clicked when I tried to recrank it. It then jumped right off.
Now, this could be a deeply discharged battery, a dry battery that needs water,
Either way, it shouldn't cause an over charge condition...
And if I'm correct in my guess, you can bet the regulator is shot, and if he went very far in the 'Several Mile' trip to work and back,
The battery stands a good chance of being 'Junk' from the AC voltage being thrown at it from the failed Rectifier...
Another good reason for a FREE test at the local auto parts store...
SO! After taking all that in, I suggested a possible cause for the overcharge/dead battery that made sense for both,
I went on to suggest a FREE battery/charging/starting system check to make sure it's NOT something else going on here...
SINCE I DON'T HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL,
And the OP didn't give details (They usually don't give much information),
Like what was battery voltage when the engine wouldn't start the first time or the second time?,
If the battery cables/terminals had been serviced recently?,
IF the battery had been checked for electrolyte level?,
I suggested a Battery/Charging/Starting system FREE check up...
I guess once the OP has the FREE test done, we'll know if it was a 'Ring Terminal' or not.
And on the subject of YOU...
Since the 'Ring Terminal' is supposed to be molded onto the Fusible Link wire end,
It's quite impossible for the 'Ring Terminal' to wear it's way off the wire unless someone has removed the Fusible Link and replaced it with a regular piece of wire without a molded on 'Ring Terminal'...
ALL FACTORY AND REPLACEMENT FUSIBLE LINKS HAVE THE MOLDED RING TERMINAL TO IDENTIFY THEM...
AND TO KEEP THEM FROM DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY YOURS DID...
That suggests someone has removed the Fusible Link from your system and replaced it with a regular piece of wire and crimped on 'Ring Terminal'... And that ill conceived 'Patch' failed on you, and you didn't know about a 'Fusible Link' so you didn't know it was supposed to be in there.
In which case that vehicle would be at risk of burning down If/When the primary wire gets melted, rubbed through or pinched,
Or the alternator it's self gives up and grounds out.
I was trying to GENTLY steer you towards having a second look at your own system for safety reasons.
Without a Fuse/Fusible Link in that primary wire, it's not a question of "IF" it's going to burn down,
It's a question of WHEN
it's going to burn down...
It's your vehicle, do what you want.
But for $5 it's a pretty good safety device to have installed.