Vinyl floor cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Vinyl floor cover

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
jnldr

Vinyl floor cover

So I think I got a nice pretty original rust free CJ7 but the carpet is well worn(and Garnet).I am sure I can find original carpet kit to go back in it but I would like to not have to worry with keeping it clean.Since the Jeep seems to be good example I hate to put bedliner on the floor.

? is: HAS ANYONE USED THE VINYL FLOOR KITS FROM QUADRATEC OR JC WHITNEY?

If so,how are they and do they glue down or will they just fit in. I was thinking this would be a good solution for now that I could easily remove or just place carpet over in the future.

Thanks,

JNLDR

jnldr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
jnldr

Anyone Use This Product?
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:44 AM   #3
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

I think it'll trap dirt and water beneath itself and lead to rust.

Have you thought about Herculiner (DIY) or Linex? My Jeep is "wash and wear" with the vinyl seats and Linex inside the tub.

Just a thought.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
cavedweller
1979 CJ7 

What are you going to be doing with your Jeep? Is it going to be getting wet inside quite a bit? I would tend to worry about the drop in liner trapping moisture and causing rust...especially if the liner moves around a bit and causes scratching of the paint. I have never had one so I don't know for sure, but I do know that this is one of the complaints of the drop in bed liners in pick-ups. If they don't fit well they can cause vibration noises that are irritating too.

I know you have a pretty pristine CJ from what you've described and I can understand not wanting to modify it too much (I am into restoration way more than modification myself) However, if you plan on doing stuff that will be getting the inside wet and/or muddy frequently I think you should re-think getting a spray in liner like Rhino. That is what I am doing after much consideration and research on the subject. I want to preserve my CJ best I can and I am going to so much effort to restore it. I think that that the Rhino is one mod I'm willing to make for the greater good.

Don't know if this helps at all but at least you have a post on here--right?
cavedweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
jnldr

Rust issue

That is the particular issue I was concerned about - trapping moisture and water and doing more harm than good. I will use my jeep a liitle afield but VERY lightly. Mostly will be a cruiser. I may go with bedliner but probably go with an original carpet and put some type of heavy vinyl floor mats over when and if needed. Thanks for the replies.

JNLDR
Unread 07-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Why not spray liner on the inside and put replacement carpets over top? You can retain the original look with no worry of rust occuring beneath it (provided you remove the rollbar during the liner installation) and remove the carpet when you feel like doing a little exploring ion the backroads. Best of both worlds IMO.
jeepwhore is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.