Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vinyl cleaner of choice?

527 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ken4444 
#1 ·
I'm going to be selling my black high back vinyl buckets shortly to fund some aluminum armor but wanted to give them a good cleaning before taking pictures.

What are your preferred cleaners/methods? They aren't horribly filthy but I don't want to affect the integrity of the seams and stitching.

#2 ·
Vinyl seats shouldn't be a problem. Most of the stitching should be synthetic thread. Or I hope it would be. Damp sponge. Rinse with a different damp sponge in clean water. Don't soak the material.

Simply Green works good. But there are a number of commercial vinyl upholstery cleaners on the market.

#4 ·
I'm a bit late here, but in the past I've had good luck with "Meguiar's M39 Mirror Glaze Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner". Here's a link at Amazon. The stuff excels at removing oxidized or deteriorated material. Other than that, I would use something like 409 cleaner, or soap and water and a brush, as you did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.