VIN # on CJ5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > VIN # on CJ5

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-17-2003, 07:21 PM   #1
Toddy

VIN # on CJ5

Does a late 70's to early 80's CJ5 have a Vehicle Identifcation number on the frame or anywhere else on the jeep as well as being on the tub. I was given a this jeep and it doesn't have the VIN# by the master cylinder like it should. someone removed it. I'm trying to register the jeep in my name and can't without a VIN #. I am having trouble finding the last registered owner. If it's got no more VIN # on it , what should I do to get it registered ?
Thanks, Todd

Toddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2003, 08:47 PM   #2
cjryder

Mine is earlier, (1975) but it has a VIN on the windshield wiper motor cover. Interestingly enough, this does not match the one on my firewall.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.