Viewers Choice "you" recommend changes CJ7 with 304 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Viewers Choice "you" recommend changes CJ7 with 304

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 03-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
chopki1
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpaw View Post
Okay paint what black and what silver on the engine? I'm all for cleaning the inside up- What degreaser do you recommend i've tried Gunk and it doesn't work like it did 20 years ago, i have a pressure washer to blast it off with. but need a degreaser..
I would paint the block black and maybe the heads and intake aluminum. then black valve covers. and also while you have the room do the whole firewall and inner fenders in black,just regular paint no need for the engine paint on those parts. I could'nt tell you on the degreaser If i need to clean/de grease something I take a 20 oz. drink bottle to work with me that day and come home with some stuff that would peel the stripes off the highway(with permission of course). Cant think of what its called right now but I run a printing,slotting,die cutting press at work and its what we use to clean our print sections with.

chopki1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #17
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

As bad as it sounds, a lot of times I use gas. Carb cleaner works but will take off paint and all a lot of times, and it can get expensive for big projects, Wal-Mart has a real good on for $2 a can. I have used WD-40 in the gallon jug to get the heavy (petroleum cuts petroleum the fastest, not as fast as gas but WD-40 does work) and then wash with dawn or something like it. Scraping is sometimes necessary depending on how bad it is, I use a wood shive almost like a thin rook shingle or a big bondo spreader, they don't dig into the paint as bad as a metal scraper.

Good luck.
Unread 03-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #18
Mickey_Mouse
2013 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkiemurph View Post
Get u one of those work lights out of a Chevy truck (90s) and mount it under your hood. It reels out and in, has about a 15 ft cord on it. Handy as a pocket on a shirt! I mounted mine close to the radiator kind of towards the solenoid.

Murph
Out of 90's model GMC right? those are stock for the GMC mounted on the fenderwell. Really neat setup.
Mickey_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #19
arkiemurph
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mouse View Post
Out of 90's model GMC right? those are stock for the GMC mounted on the fenderwell. Really neat setup.
Yes, I'd guess 88-98. Magnet on back. Can use it anywhere on your Jeep, it'll reach! Inside and out.

Murph

Tags
builds , engine , fuel assembly , lights , wiring harness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.