Vibration Issues near Model 20 Transfer Case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Vibration Issues near Model 20 Transfer Case

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Death_Eagle_571
1976 CJ5 

Vibration Issues near Model 20 Transfer Case

Hey guys, I got an Issue around my transfer case, it feels like the rear driveshaft u-joints are shot, but I checked them, and they seem fine, the yoke seal on the rear driveshaft yoke on the t-case is busted, and has been slowly leaking, Any ideas on what this could be? I notice it most on deceleration just letting off the gas...

Death_Eagle_571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
Death_Eagle_571
1976 CJ5 

Any Ideas guys?
Unread 01-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Could use more info...

Is everything stock... driveline and suspension?

A new suspension lift could explain the vibration.

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
texasimport
1978 CJ5 

ditto . . . . with Gojeepin. . . . bet your lifted and have a drive shaft that isn't keeping up with the program. You must keep both ends of the drive shaft at the same angel to transfer case yoke and the rear end to avoid vibration. You only can get away with having rear end pointing to the transfer case, uneven angels, when you are using double cardigan (sp?) driveshaft set up.
Unread 01-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
Death_Eagle_571
1976 CJ5 

It does have a stock driveline, and a small lift, but this is a new occurring issue, it just started happening a few weeks ago, so I'm 99% certain its not the driveshaft, I wanna think it could be a clutch-related vibration...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.