vibration!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > vibration!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-29-2002, 07:01 AM   #1
diggy

vibration!!!

Hi, everybody. I just finished my rough country 4", now my 79 cj5 is a death trap, I'm afraid to even drive it around the block. the person at RC told me the pinion angle is built into the spring. I think he is full of it. The vibration is unbearable. it's at all speeds.
Plus the steering is so vague. It will shoot to one side, when i go to correct it, it shoots the other way. Pucker factor of 8 out of 10. I'm instaling the drop pitman and getting it aligned tomorrow. I know know that will help some. I can't imagine it will cure it all. any ideas?

by the way, it's a 79 cj5, 304.with a fiberglass tub and one piese front end. 4" rc lift, 1 inch shackel. and 31" till the savings get a little better. one more guestion, should I go with 33"s or 35"s. I can get BFGs a/t for $90 a piece.

Diggy

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2002, 07:21 PM   #2
NC74CJ

Truth is, which the stock driveshaft you shouldnt change your pinion angle. This is done under the asumption you are running a CV driveshaft, which you will have to do with that kind of lift on a CJ5. I have a milder lift on mine and I was constantly breaking ujoints and even yokes until I got Tom Woods to set me up with a CV shaft (www.4xshaft.com). Completely solved my problems, and its definately a necessity. Good luck

Bill
Unread 08-30-2002, 12:14 AM   #3
JIM79CJ7

just a thought: did you put degree shims in with the springs ? Also before you have it aligned check your caster angle , the more arch the more caster you lose in most cases .

Just my $.02 ,

JIM :{>

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2002, 06:40 AM   #4
diggy

I'm gonna spend the day checking everything out. I let ya know what I find. wish me luck!

thanks
Diggy
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2002, 08:28 AM   #5
Dodster

Diggy - Check out the short shaft article at www.jeepzine.com. Maybe it will help. Good luck.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.