vibration!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > vibration!!!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 08-29-2002, 07:01 AM   #1
diggy

vibration!!!

Hi, everybody. I just finished my rough country 4", now my 79 cj5 is a death trap, I'm afraid to even drive it around the block. the person at RC told me the pinion angle is built into the spring. I think he is full of it. The vibration is unbearable. it's at all speeds.
Plus the steering is so vague. It will shoot to one side, when i go to correct it, it shoots the other way. Pucker factor of 8 out of 10. I'm instaling the drop pitman and getting it aligned tomorrow. I know know that will help some. I can't imagine it will cure it all. any ideas?

by the way, it's a 79 cj5, 304.with a fiberglass tub and one piese front end. 4" rc lift, 1 inch shackel. and 31" till the savings get a little better. one more guestion, should I go with 33"s or 35"s. I can get BFGs a/t for $90 a piece.

Diggy

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2002, 07:21 PM   #2
NC74CJ

Truth is, which the stock driveshaft you shouldnt change your pinion angle. This is done under the asumption you are running a CV driveshaft, which you will have to do with that kind of lift on a CJ5. I have a milder lift on mine and I was constantly breaking ujoints and even yokes until I got Tom Woods to set me up with a CV shaft (www.4xshaft.com). Completely solved my problems, and its definately a necessity. Good luck

Bill
Unread 08-30-2002, 12:14 AM   #3
JIM79CJ7

just a thought: did you put degree shims in with the springs ? Also before you have it aligned check your caster angle , the more arch the more caster you lose in most cases .

Just my $.02 ,

JIM :{>

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2002, 06:40 AM   #4
diggy

I'm gonna spend the day checking everything out. I let ya know what I find. wish me luck!

thanks
Diggy
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2002, 08:28 AM   #5
Dodster

Diggy - Check out the short shaft article at www.jeepzine.com. Maybe it will help. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.