Vehicle Build Sheet Codes? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Vehicle Build Sheet Codes?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-24-2002, 08:08 PM   #1
CJ8DV8

Vehicle Build Sheet Codes?

Hey Gang-

A while back I was swapping out the seats from my CJ8 when I found a piece of paper tucked up under the seat between the seat springs and the foam. I pulled the paper out and it has the title "Vehicle Build Sheet" (or something like that- I don't have it in my hands at this moment). Maybe it was "Vehicle Assembly Order". You get the picture.

It seems this form is the one (or copy of the one) that followed my Jeep through the assembly line. It has several boxes with code letters and numbers in them, with the VIN printed on top. Items such as axles, spare tire, transmission, color, along with several cryptic names and codes filled in the boxes. This sheet told the assemblers on the line what trans to install, what options to install, etc.

My question is: Is there a master code sheet for all these entries? Is there a Web site with thes codes? Its not the same as the typical VIN codes.

I know someone out there must know what all this means.

Anyone?

Half hardtop
Rustproof plywood floorboards and bed upgrade.
Lots of work, but working on it.
CJ8DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.