Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vapor Lock Possibility??

874 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  soccerpapa 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have upgraded to the Weber 34 Carb and placed a fuel filter and inline FPR? My question is, I went with a single outlet fuel filter. Can the lack of a secondary outlet on the filter cause a vapor lock situation? I have not had any problems yet, but will go get a dual outlet filter if it is an inevitable dilemma.

#3 ·
Yes it prevents vapor lock in both the line and reduces wear to the fuel pump. The carb will not flood unless you have excessive pressure as the floats whut off flow when they are full. When you remove the fuel return line, the pump tries to keep pumping at the same rate and eventually overheats or loses suction. The fuel return line keeps cool fuel coming from your engine and allows hotter fuel to return to the tank, thus minimizing the chances for the fuel to boil in the line (vapor lock). As long as your return line is in good shape, I would buy a new filter ($5.00) and hook up the return line again. Make sure the return line is positioned at the top of the filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.