Vandy's 84 Body-Off Build Thread - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Vandy's 84 Body-Off Build Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #166
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Alright lads. having problems with email addresses and download sizes, but here she is. Katherine Harper- 8 lbs 11 ozs- 19" out at 12:52. brown hair, blue eyes (that'll probably change) Mom doing very well. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers boys. Bill- my brother is dropping off the J20 at my house tomorrow, but I will be here. I will be all over it next week.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #167
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

So cool. Glad everything went well. Thanks for the pictures.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #168
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Way to go Mom!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #169
1983 CJ7 

Unread 05-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #170
roboto65

1976 CJ5 

Great news congratulations wheres my cigar LOL
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #171
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

As is tradition-

(Cigar formerly pictured)

One for everybody!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #172
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

:-)

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #173
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Well, I haven't had a good nights sleep in almost a month! Mom and baby doing very well! Baby Kate has put on about 4 lbs in the last three weeks- boy can she eat!! I thought I would be working on the CJ during some of my time off- Holy crap was I wrong. Hard to believe such a little thing can keep you so dang busy.

As promised some J20 pics (with a CJ in the background to keep it legit). I have a bunch, but will post a few- Gotta save some for the FSJ side. I will have some 360 questions here though 'cause so many of ya'll run 'em. Truck was SOA when I bought it. Looks great, awesome clearance, drives with one finger and steers smooth- gonna keep it that way.

In the nest

D44 rear yes?

Dana 300 TC?

Heddman headers to Magnaflows- sounds great. Think I have a small exhaust leak somewhere up front that I don't like the sound of- gotta fix that.

Nice and straight

Anybody ID this carb?

Next to its little cousin

This too much angle on the front DS?

This rear DS is....big?

Is this front axle a 44 also?

CJ as she sits waiting for me to resume wiring

More tomorrow!
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #174
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnc-84cj7 View Post
well, i haven't had a good nights sleep in almost a month! Mom and baby doing very well! Baby kate has put on about 4 lbs in the last three weeks- boy can she eat!! I thought i would be working on the cj during some of my time off- holy crap was i wrong. Hard to believe such a little thing can keep you so dang busy. awww, you fibber. Everybody knows little babies just sleep all the time! Quitcherwhinin...

as promised some j20 pics (with a cj in the background to keep it legit). I have a bunch, but will post a few- gotta save some for the fsj side. I will have some 360 questions here though 'cause so many of ya'll run 'em. Truck was soa when i bought it. Looks great, awesome clearance, drives with one finger and steers smooth- gonna keep it that way.

In the nest very cool truck. Nice garage!

d44 rear yes? yes

dana 300 tc? yes

heddman headers to magnaflows- sounds great. Think i have a small exhaust leak somewhere up front that i don't like the sound of- gotta fix that. it's supposed to have a small exhaust leak. That's what differentiates you from all the rest of the normal people in western north carolina. That and the ski mask.

nice and straight beautiful

anybody id this carb? looks like a two barrel. You need more info?

next to its little cousin it has a very droopy azz.

this too much angle on the front ds? nope

this rear ds is....big? you don't have to tape blocks of wood to the pedals do you?

is this front axle a 44 also? yep

cj as she sits waiting for me to resume wiring lazy buttocks!

more tomorrow!

:d
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #175
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Look like 44's to me. Compare the TC shift linkage to the CJ linkage. Does the carb say Motorcraft on it, could be their version of the Quadrajet. I haven't seen a Q-jet with whatever is over the top of the secondary's .
Nice truck!!

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #176
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

'K- My carb is first. I found what seems to be a Motorcraft 4350 Spreadbore- pictured second. I'd say we have a match. Research continues- thanks for the lead Bill.

Anything from the gallery is welcome!
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #177
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

No pics today. BUT! major thanks to Ed (aka lugnut28) for the fender flares for my CJ project. Ed and his lovely bride came my way today, braving intervals of absolute frog strangling rain, and gifted me three very nice OEM CJ fender flares. I am forever grateful.

I would be seriously out of line if I failed to mention how AWESOME Ed's CJ is. His Laredo was spot on, and extremely well done. Great job Ed. The one I am building now is a fishing scow, but I hope I can come just a little within range to what you have done with yours with my next one.

Another reminder (this time first hand) of why this site, and the Jeep CJ community, is so great. Thanks Ed.
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #178
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7
No pics today. BUT! major thanks to Ed (aka lugnut28) for the fender flares for my CJ project. Ed and his lovely bride came my way today, braving intervals of absolute frog strangling rain, and gifted me three very nice OEM CJ fender flares. I am forever grateful.

I would be seriously out of line if I failed to mention how AWESOME Ed's CJ is. His Laredo was spot on, and extremely well done. Great job Ed. The one I am building now is a fishing scow, but I hope I can come just a little within range to what you have done with yours with my next one.

Another reminder (this time first hand) of why this site, and the Jeep CJ community, is so great. Thanks Ed.
Way to go Lugnut!!

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #179
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Back at it baby. The dash is wired and in. Need to attach the doo-dads to the bottom- lighter/powerpoint, lights, ashtray thing, etc. Pics tomorrow- nothing special, ya'll seen 800 of 'em. Thanks to those that responded to my "what is this" thread on the ignition switch- nailed it.

My big victory came tonight... I think. Can't really say "I did it" until she runs, but I took a huge step forward. I would like to especially thank John Strenk. The tidbit hint he gave me gave me the push I needed. I sat and stared at that carb many, many times, without the courage to jump in. So...

Fabbed up (very nicely I might add) a new, longer linkage from the throttle cable. Thanks jeepdaddy2000.

A drill press would have been super, but I ground a little flat spot where I needed to drill, and it worked like a charm. The little clips are a little loose, 'cause the original arm was a tiny bit thicker where they mount, but it holds well. I may need some more bend. I'll fine tune it when I fire it.

The big project was the throttle arm in the carb base. The original YFA base was much squatter- the YF base is somewhat tall. The YF armature (the one I switched to) would not mate to the original linkage. So I took the gear off the YFA arm -linkages, butterfly, etc.- and put that into the YF. Dang those butterfly screws SUCK OUT LOUD. I botched one, but I think what I did with it will work. I buzzed the unnecessary arms off the YFA arm, and modified the one that goes to the choke. I'll have to fine tune that one too, as that linkage was tough. I need to grind in a little channel and put retainer clips on both sides of the arm that comes down. Problem is, that linkage is so small!

Original armature

New pics

Yes that is little JB Weld dots. There is one original screw in, and another one from around the shop.

What's this port for?

Kiddies all in bed, gonna go mount it now. Also solved my air cleaner mounting issue with the taller carb- no pics yet.
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #180
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Comin' together. Air cleaner setup slightly modified. Sits a little higher than stock, but it should work.

Carb on.

My next nightmare. Might need my hand held on this one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.