value of my drivetrain - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > value of my drivetrain

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #16
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

dont worry about helping me out dont waste your money and buy something you dont need.

the shop the rebuilt it was just that a engine remanufacturing buisness Higginbothamengine service or sumthin in tyler , I know just higginbotham engine tyler turns them up in google

I can have my mom look thru my reciepts and find the bill with a phone number and see if there is a reference number to it , as for the warranty it expired a year or so ago

the shop thats tearing it down is in Grapeland,texas if thats close enough to travel I can PM you the adress and his hours , to my knowlege he is pulling the chevy first then the jeep but he hasnt started on the jeep yet.
hell I am his only main customer for a few months lol He does small repairs but does custom work from dirt track racers to classic cars a small shop but he has been recommended highly by the old timers I know

One of the transmissions is in the shed (shift fork) the one with the sychros is in the jeep as it is

If I knew what debate the point of me deploying would stir up so much controversy lol id have left it out , but if I am trying to sell my enige People are going to ask why do you rebuild your engine and 3 years later are you tearing it out for a 350 woulda saved money just replacing the timing chain in the engine and driving it if I knew i was heading out here and scrap the engine

the build code on the engine ? I dont know where it is and don t have pics of that but I do have a sticker in my door jamb of its date of manufacture

November 6th 1981 it just had a birthday
I am pretty sure that engine is the original as it still had the plastic timing parts

Dont quote me ... but to my knowlege the Jeep sixes will need an adaptor to mate to the chevy tranny

and probably the same for ford and probably even the chevy 6 , but check Novak Adaptors , great info there helped me do my research and dream for years

@JeepHammer How right you are there isnt value in used engines or trucks
Mabye if the engine has documented gogo goodies put on it will fetch more but u put in more

hell the truck I am pulling the engine from I bought for 1500 from my mom its blue book was 1800for a 1991 chevy 2500 and people werent willing to pay for it when they saw mileage was 314k lol but it had rebuilt engine and tranny before we got it and owned it 7+ years we have only had to replace the powere steering hoses lol they rotted off the box , the truck runs excellent shifts fine but just isnt worth anything, its the long wheelbase 2wd but runs like a top so I am having the shop swap the TBI and 350 plus its already calibrated for manual X-mission SCORE !! if i had a 7 id use the trany as well with some work of course swapping parts off a 4wd version.lol

How much is a truck with no engine or transmission worth lol if i cant sell the tranny I am using it as a core for my AX-15 or might try and see if the tranny shop will take my T176 (highly unlikely lol)

just a joke on the trucks value, hell I will be doing good to get over 100 bucks running it over the scales

2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #17
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJeeper16 View Post
dont worry about helping me out dont waste your money and buy something you dont need.
the shop the rebuilt it was just that, a engine remanufacturing buisness Higginbotha mengine service
No worries here.
Heh, Higginbotha engine service turns up as Mabbco Motors and they have an impressive web site. I will give them a call this morning. Don't bother your Mom digging through reciepts, unless there is a need for it. Was your engine rebuilt, or did you do an exchange for a like engine ? Mabbco's websight doesn't specify whether or not a new cam was used. Do you know ?
I would like the number to your shop which is doing your swap. He can answer some of my questions.
We might do this.
Oily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #18
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

It was there long block, But they rebuilt MY engine lol I didnt want someone elses I wanted to pull my barley running engine and put in the SAME engine just rebuilt , I brought them the engine minus accessories and oil pan valve cover they tore it down and put new parts I think the crank was reused it was in specbut theyy even painted it the AMC/ford blue

but to get a good hone they had to bore it .30 over I didnt want it bored out if it didnt need it

The shop in tyler texas was were I brought it , I dropped it of monday after school and picked it up friday had it running sunday just in time to make the new week of school thye recommeend running your favoorite motor oil plus a zinc additive or use high mileage , so since it was new I have used Castrol High mileage I used it when it was high mileage lol

I have some pics but my signal isnt the fastest tonight ill put em up tho
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #19
Oily
1985 CJ7 

I did see where they could machine a crankshaft and am sure they would have done that. However, I am wondering about the cam shaft.
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #20
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

Beats me I know they did there full rebuild head and block the reciept doesnt list exactly what they I can shoot them a call and find out or you can they didnt do anything special I was considering a hopped up cam but didnt when he was telling me the costs associated with it
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
Unread 12-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #21
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJeeper16 View Post
Beats me I know they did there full rebuild head and block the reciept doesnt list exactly what they I can shoot them a call and find out or you can they didnt do anything special I was considering a hopped up cam but didnt when he was telling me the costs associated with it
I would need your customer name, likely the rebuild date even, for them to reference it for me. Perhaps a call from you first would be better, as I would like to talk to them also. Perhaps we should use the Private Messages so as to not clutter up the forum.
I would also like to call your swap mechanic to ask a few questions and maybe arrange pick up times if I buy it. Shoot me his number also.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.