Value Help on all original 1983 CJ-7 Limited - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Value Help on all original 1983 CJ-7 Limited

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
wm69

I have poly mounts on my tan Jeep. While the body mounts don't bother me, when I put in the motor and transmission mounts the vibrations are terrible. Rubber anywhere is going to be smoother/softer than poly, just won't last quite as long. That said, it's not THAT hard to replace this stuff, and given that it seems to last 20+ years, when I replace the stuff on my green Jeep I'll probably go rubber.

Original console is a good thing to have. You could get a retrosound head unit which will fit without modification. The head unit will control a CD changer, and it has an AUX hookup. Something else to consider.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Received my body mount kit today and took a little less than two hours start to finish to put it in and get back on the road, after some of the tails I have heard I was afraid it would be much more difficult and time consuming. All went nice and smooth. My only concern is the bushings in the aftermarket kit (even though I went with Daystar which several people recommended) are smaller in diameter than the stock mounts. Now that they are mounted depending on the location you can see a 1/4th to 1/3rd inch paint ring around the outside diameter of the new mounts all the way around showing how much larger around the stock mounts were. If you have less diameter that's less surface area and the weight is spread out over less of an area so looks like it would be harder on the body at the mounting points. Is this normal with all the aftermarket kits?
SouthernGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.