vacuum hose help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > vacuum hose help

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-25-2003, 11:15 AM   #16
Backcountry

sweet, let me know if you need help puttin it in. Im gonna try not to break anything today, this is the first time the jeep has been offroad since the rebuild, afer sitting for 2 years so i dont know whats gonna happen. but i didnt build it to be scared to abuse it so let the breakage begin.....lol

Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2003, 03:48 PM   #17
Backcountry

Had a great time in the woods today, but i snapped a u-joint on my rear axle, meaning i had to drive it home in front wheel drive only. I had to break the u-joint bracket to get the joint out, the u-shaped bracket that actually holds it to the transfer case. Do you know where i can find one of these?????
Unread 05-26-2003, 08:36 AM   #18
hokie CJ-7
1985 CJ7 

i think you can find one at about any auto parts place in town. And if i am thinking right, last time i had to buy u-joints, the clips came with it. (i think?) Check that out and let me know what you find. If you dont have any luck, i will call a few people i know.

We did the same thing one night, being stupid three of us only took one jeep on some powerline trails at 11pm. the jeep slid into a gulley and snapped the u-joint on the rear axle and the front axle would not pull us up the hill. so we had to walk out about 5 miles in pitch black (no flashlight and tripped over every stick and rock in the forest, like i said, we were stupid) and finally found a house that still had the lights on past midnight so we could call for a ride. Between waiting on a ride and having to drive to a friend's house for parts twice, we were 330 am getting home. Learned our lesson there!

1964 M416 - for sale!
hokie CJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 08:51 AM   #19
Backcountry

yea it found one this morning at pepboys, but the ones they had, the bolts they came with were to big, i lost one bolt where we were wheeling yesterday but i still had the other, so i only have one bolt holding one on for right now. I had two spare u-joints here at the house, just didnt take them with me. i now have a pretty bad exhaust leak around the headers from where the log smashed on the y-pipe. there are pictures at www.msnusers.com/offroadaction .............the fourth pic over on the top is when it broke, no im not stuck lol
Unread 05-26-2003, 09:01 AM   #20
hokie CJ-7
1985 CJ7 

cool pics, looks like a good time!

see if fisher has that bolt, they usually never let me down on parts and the quality is usually better the pep boys, advance, etc
I am not sure about the y-pipe, some places have those premade exhaust pipes, but may have to hit a muffler shop to get it fixed right.

I took mine up to todd lake/elkhorn lake area yesterday, just scouting around, i know there are a few trails up that way, but most are blocked off. i will have to stop by the ranger station and see what is open.

1964 M416 - for sale!
hokie CJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.