Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

VA cold start

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  3Rotts 
#1 ·
Man was it cold this morning! took me 5 times to finally crank her over. How many times do you guys pump the gas before starts?

Thanks
Oscar

#2 ·
Yea i only run my to work on Friday's so i'm sure tomorrow is goign to be fun! My answer is 1 set 1 crank 2-3 pumps crank then pump while cranking until starts and then flutter gas until choke opens enough to run. I cant wait until I put my FI in!!!

#4 ·
Umm...I am new to the CJ world and loving it(purchased 12/17/06). Sorry for my lack of knowledge, each day i read more and more on CJ's but was is a "set".

#5 ·
Push the accelerator all the way to the floor once to "set" the fast idle cam on the carb. then crank it. But if you try to push the gas again it comes off the cam and then you have the do the right foot dance to keep it running.

#6 ·
I'm not in a cold weather place, but seems to me you need to adjust your choke.

#7 ·
1 pump, whiule pulling manual choke to set it. starts right up.

half a mile down the road, i push the choke in, and its smooth sailing all the way to school :thumbsup:

#10 ·
omanalansanjr said:
Man was it cold this morning! took me 5 times to finally crank her over. How many times do you guys pump the gas before starts?

Thanks
Oscar
None...Howell FI. Just turn the key, it starts.

#11 ·
1 pump and turn key at 10 degrees this am. Glad I went with a new Weber, but at 20 below, I might have a different story to tell.
I agree, it sounds like the choke or it may be a good time to send some carb cleaner down it to get rid of the gunk us carbers face.... :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.