V-8 for CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > V-8 for CJ7

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
BLOODBANE
1984 CJ7 

V-8 for CJ7

Last night I bought my first GMC. All I want out of it is the 350, transmission, and rear end (14 bolt). Where is the best place to start looking for the swap pieces I need. I know there is a search function, but Im lazy, and want to know first hand knowledge about the components I need (ie radiator, engine mounts, etc...). I swore I would never do another V-8 swap after doing my Ranger, but the wife wants the V-8 and Auto, I want the bigger axles (she's running 38's on it). It will never be a trail truck (I'm currently building a buggy and have other trucks for wheeling), but its what she picked out when I told her to find her JEEP. Thanks in advance and keep the rubber down...

BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
HackFabrication
1976 CJ5 

Eh....? What vehicle are you swapping it into? A CJ? What model? What's in there already? Even rolling 38's, that 14 bolt rear end is a lot of iron for a street driven vehicle.
Unread 09-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
TIPPEDITOVER

1978 CJ5 

Motor mounts, there are several options. I used M.O.R.E mounts, bolt in. Tough, plug and play. Spendy though. If I do it again, I'll just fab something. Spending nearly $300 on mounts breaks my heart. Money is better spent elsewhere.

Radiator, if your stock one is good enough you have the option of routing the hoses where they need to go using adapters. Or do a Google search. You can find some great deals all over the country for a SBC conversion into jeep. I paid $280 to an outfit down in Florida I think it was.
TIPPEDITOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
BLOODBANE
1984 CJ7 

Sorry some more specs are a 84 CJ7 with the 4.o. it has the standard 5 spd, and as far as the 14 bolt I will regear it (the front when I get one found). I want to keep the Dana 300 as well (I will look for adapters). It is only a street queen, I have enough off road, so no lockers or anything like that. It current ly (the JEEP) has spacers on the wheels, so the FW will only be a little wider than it already is. A pic of it....

These pics were taken right after we bought it. I will add high steer to it with the new front. The drag ling now hits the spring when you turn sharp to the right, I have knuckles for the 30, but thats a lot of rubber to be throwing at a weak axle.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
TIPPEDITOVER

1978 CJ5 

My goodness that's too tall, but it's only a street queen so it's a mute point. I'm in the process of dropping mine 2" overall, shoving the rear axle back 10", comp cutting the quarters, yanking the stock tank/installing a low profile fuel cell and a few other goodies. Mine is currently no good at climbing steep hills. Mine is a winch queen. If you have any specific questions about anything, I'll be around.
TIPPEDITOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
yahwhy
1982 CJ7 

Nice ride. Sounds like your itchin to spend some coin, Novak, Advance adapters, M.O.R.E and EBAY will lighten your wallet.
yahwhy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.