Using Rhinoliner for a paintjob! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Using Rhinoliner for a paintjob!

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 06-26-2003, 01:32 PM   #1
Grifter

Using Rhinoliner for a paintjob!

Hey friends,

My buddy told me that the Rock Crawler that they built the other day on "Monster Garage" had a paintjob of Rhinoliner or some kinda bedliner...

I think that's an awesome idea and seeing I'm going to be in the market for a paintjob sometime within the next 6 months I'd definetly take it into consideration. However, I wanted to know if any of you out there have seen this kinda paintjob firsthand and what your take on it was...

[i]'85 Jeep CJ7 ~ 4.2L/6cyl/258 ~ OBA ~ NV4500 tranny ~ Atlas II t-case ~ 2 1/2" S-Lift ~ 1" B-Lift ~ 1 1/4" Shakles ~ 33" SSR TSL's on A/E 589's ~ Rancho 9000's ~ AGR Steering Box II ~ M.O.R.E Steering Box Bracket ~ Borgeson Steering Column ~ Tuffy Stereo Center Console[/size][/i]
Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 02:38 PM   #2
explortainment

I think rhinolining the exterior of a nice jeep is in poor taste. It doesnt hold up to the sun(you have to use a UV protectant on it), it makes the jeep a lot noisy-er due to wind resiatance, which also decrease fuel economy, and i personally don't like the way it looks, AND it decrease the resale value of the rig because people think you are hiding something.

I would see doing it if the jeep was a serious off roader or beater, even then i would never do it myself. I think a spray can job would look nicer

Last edited by explortainment; 06-26-2003 at 02:49 PM..
explortainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 08:04 PM   #3
MuddyWaters

I had a 75 Cj-5 with it sprayed all in the interior. I liked it, but no way on the exterior.

3 Year Custom Rebuild coming to an end. Website soon.
MuddyWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 10:09 PM   #4
eight

A friend of mine had his bronco lined inside and out and it made it a few hundred pounds heavier I'm sure. The removeable top is at least 100 lbs heavier with that stuff on it. I don't like the look of it either.
Unread 06-26-2003, 11:56 PM   #5
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Think of black 30 grit sandpaper on the exterior of your Jeep thats about what you'd end up with.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.