Urethane Body Mounts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Urethane Body Mounts

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 04-29-2002, 07:02 PM   #1
nvyblue_cj7

Urethane Body Mounts

In about a week I'm going to be replacing my rubber body mounts with a Urethane kit I recently purchased. Has anyone on here had any luck with this replacement? Any major difference? I'd like to know the good as well as the bad, if there are any bad things. I've heard rave reviews about replacing them, so I'm generally not worried, but thought I'd get some input from the board.

Nick

"pop the hood, POP THE HOOD!"
- a phrase commonly heard in my garage
nvyblue_cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2002, 11:47 AM   #2
4wheeler4CJ

Deterioration (or lack of, LOL) is one of the biggest benefits. The rubber ones break down, and if still stock, are likely already broken down or even missing. The Urethane makes a nice "connection", firm. They also will help keep the water out from between the steel if ythey are detailed right when you do them.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.