Upgrading wiring and components - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Upgrading wiring and components

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
thomas_j
1976 CJ7 

Upgrading wiring and components

Hi

I need your help/advice on some electrical work that I'm about to order parts for.

I've decided to replace my wiring with a complete wiring set from Painless. So far so good... Since my car is a 76, I see that there is a difference in parts availability for that car compared to the ones from 78 and later. I want to upgrade as much as possible for that reason.

1. I have a used HVAC (kind where heater motor sticks out of the firewall) unit on the way and are planning on doing the famous heater upgrade at the same time. For this I need a new 4 terminal switch to control this fan. Does this switch have a connector on the original wiring from 78 and upwards?

2. I'm also planning to exchange the wiper motor and switch. There is a difference in 83 between wiper motor/switch. What should I do with this? Stick with the old kind or upgrade to the 83 version? Will the newer wiper motor fit a 76? What about switch connector for the wiring harness? The 83 switch seems to have a totally different layout.

3. Light Switch seems to be identical.

4. Alternator - I'm considering the delco CS130 or CS144 based on information provided by other JF-users (). Does someone dare to provide a link or modelnumber to a delco alternator thats fits a 304?

Thats all from Norway for now

thomas_j is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.