under seat storage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > under seat storage

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-23-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

under seat storage

I am just about ready to start reassembling things and thought I'd post a few ? I have a bestop fold and tumble rear seat and would like to have more storage space under the seat. Much like the tuffy storage box. I want to store all my recovery gear out of eye sight. has anyone fabbed up one. if so do you have any pictures. I know it will have to be pretty stout since the rear seat will mount to it. I was thinking some 1 x 2 tubbing and a dovetail drawer covered with bedliner on some heavy duty ball bearing slides. I am still toosing around ideas so any pics or post would be appreciated. thanks jc

80 CJ-7 Straight six,comp cam,4.0 head, cherokee header, DUI distributor, Affordable FI TBI ,4.10's wide track amc 20 aussie locked and trussed, Dana 30 aussie locked, PSC steering box, 4.5 RE lift, twin sticked dana 300 with Lo max 4to1 35"STT'S ON DC-1 "It's getting there"
aero mech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
CJhollic
1980 CJ7 

I have never done it but like the idea. Please post pics if you proceed.
ViAir Onboard Air
TeamRush ignition upgrade with MSD 6a CDI
Dual Batteries
KC Daylighters
Cold Air Intake
Lock-Right Lockers
Yukon 1 piece axles
Custom Bumper& Swing Out Tire Carrier
Mile Marker Hubs
Chevy Blower Upgrade
1500 lb airbag suspension
Floor mounted gun rack (2 guns)
CJhollic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
cyclic17
1981 CJ7 

I have the Tuffy drawer and love it. A word of advice, though. I have the standard one (as deep as the seat), and wish I would have gotten the full-length one (extends to the tailgate).

When I have other stuff in the back cargo area, I have to unload it to access the drawer. The full-length drawer allows you to stack that same stuff on top of the drawer, and still open it when the tailgate is down.

Just my $.02
*'81.5 CJ7, D300, T-5, 258ci, 4" BDS lift, 33 's on 15x10 Bajas, Narrowed Waggy D44 Front, Scout D44 rear w/ARB locker, Not-so-Painless Wiring Harness, Warn 8274, Borla Headers, MC2100 carb, Shrockworks sliders, KC's, Full cage

*RIP: '88 Comanche Chief, stock except for KC lights on rollbar and custom stereo.
cyclic17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

Sorry for the delay, I like everthing about the tuffy except the price but with rising material cost I'm not sure its that much out of line. Anyone know of good tuffy vedors maybe on this site. I also like the idea of going all the way to the tailgate ( hadden thought about that cyclic17). Anyway I am still open to suggestions and I will try and remeber pics if and when I build this. So many projects and so little time until spring. I might end up holding off the fab work and my credit card may have to suffer abit. jc
80 CJ-7 Straight six,comp cam,4.0 head, cherokee header, DUI distributor, Affordable FI TBI ,4.10's wide track amc 20 aussie locked and trussed, Dana 30 aussie locked, PSC steering box, 4.5 RE lift, twin sticked dana 300 with Lo max 4to1 35"STT'S ON DC-1 "It's getting there"
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
GPER
1979 CJ7 

I used this for many years and no one knew I had all my tools and recovery gear under it. I took it out last year so it is 4 sale.
GPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #6
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

Thanks for th pic, i haven't seen the seat mounted directly to the box before. I am still skeeming, I would like to have the fold and tuble option if I want to hall alittle more stuff. Thanks jc
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Mudslide
1980 CJ7 

This one was in mine when I bought it, so I don't know who made it. I keep all my tools and gear in it. It does have a lock, but it's not real secure. It keeps things out of sight though.
03 GMC-DD work truck.

Time is fun when you're havin' flies.
Mudslide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
yellow85cj
1985 CJ7 

This one may be way too much since you plan on keeping the rear seat, but has some good ideas.
http://www.pnwadventures.com/vehicle...torage-system/
yellow85cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

Yellow85cj, thanks for the post. That was some interesting reading. I'll save that for later viewing. Thanks to all. JC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.