Uncovered seats - are they worth anything? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Uncovered seats - are they worth anything?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 06-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Uncovered seats - are they worth anything?

I recently put up my black and silver laredo seat for sale. I ended up selling just the covers to a guy in Italy. He had no interest in the actually seat. Now I have one decent uncovered seat that I have no use for. Does anyone know what a good price for it would be? Thinking of putting on feeBay.

Unread 06-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
BagusJeep
1981 CJ7 

it depends who is looking for it, but not a lot.

If you had a whole set incuding the rear fold and tumble in good condition but without covers I would buy them from you. $150 plus shipping (shipping being $200) would be fair as they are just the frames with some 30 year old foam that would need replacing.

A single seat is a bit more difficult because I would have to match it to the other seat in size and shape. Not much in other words. $35??

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagusJeep View Post
it depends who is looking for it, but not a lot.

If you had a whole set incuding the rear fold and tumble in good condition but without covers I would buy them from you. $150 plus shipping (shipping being $200) would be fair as they are just the frames with some 30 year old foam that would need replacing.

A single seat is a bit more difficult because I would have to match it to the other seat in size and shape. Not much in other words. $35??
Bagus if I had them they would be yours but unfortunately I have one seat that might be useable.

I too am needing a rear seat
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7KAHUNA View Post

Bagus if I had them they would be yours but unfortunately I have one seat that might be useable.

I too am needing a rear seat
I have a stock nutmeg rear in MA. I also have a nice new black vinyl cover for UT with hog rings to attach. This isn't a cheap slip on cover.
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
wm69

Hmmmm. For someone like me who runs Bestop seat covers it would work just fine. What kind of shape are the mounting holes in? The rear bolts on my passenger seat just busted loose because the frame's rusted. I've patched a seat frame like this in the past with angle iron, but would be easier to slap another seat in there.

Honestly, I think shipping cost would be more than the value of the seat though.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.