U-bolts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > U-bolts

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-15-2002, 07:55 PM   #1
rustyCJ

U-bolts

I need to find out where to get U-bolts for my 20 rear. I cant just order them outta a catalog cause im swapping in 9 leaf packs and they arent long enough. they need to be atleast 8 inches long and quadratrac and 4wheel hardware both said theirs are only 7.5. what is the exact size of the U-bolt. quadratrac and 4wheel hardware say its a 2 9\16 U-bolt. the local hardware store sells hardened U-bolts in all shapes and sizes but not 2 9\16. any ideas?

Unread 10-15-2002, 08:57 PM   #2
TG CJ7

I had to buy some from a custom spring shop. They were custom made for me, I just took my old ones in and told the guy they needed to be about an inch longer. Four Ubolts cost me about 25 bucks, and took the guy about five minutes.
The spring shop I went to made custom springs for large trucks like dump trucks and semis.
good luck
Tim

Check it out 1979 CJ7
TG CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 10:20 PM   #3
sdavis

Rear Springs

Hello,
I'm in the process of changing rear ends and have thought about changing rear springs while I was back there can you tell me more about the springs that you are using? ( where'd ya get'um?How Much?)

Thanks
sdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 11:14 PM   #4
rustyCJ

I have no idea what the springs came outta. the guy i got them from said he thought they were out of an old wagoneer but i think they are just the 7 and 9 leaf packs out of an old CJ. the guy couldnt even remember why he had them in his garage and after i measured my springs and found they were the same length, i asked him what he was going to do with them. he told me 25 bucks and their yours...they had almost brand new bushings in them so i figured that was a good deal. they give me roughly 2.5" of lift and keep my jeep sitting right even after all the heavy acc. and hardtop are on.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.