Turn signal/Parking lights to running lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Turn signal/Parking lights to running lights

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
HMS
1983 CJ7 

Turn signal/Parking lights to running lights

I swear my gray CJ is invisible on asphalt roads. Other drivers just don't seem to see me sometimes. Therefore, I was thinking there must be a way to make the turn signal/parking lights burn both filaments as a running light and just be interrupted when signaling.I think it would look cool and serve my purpose.
Has anyone tried this?

Howard

HMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

What would you use for brake lights? There was a thread, a while back about using aluminum faced duct tape, inside the light housing. I think it made mine brighter.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

I'd like to see a picture of these turn signal or running lights.. and if you find out where to get them... thanks..
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
HMS
1983 CJ7 

I read about some type of device that ran your parking light bulbs on both elements when the ignition was on then just cancelled the appropriate light in a blinking manner when the turn signal was turned on.

Howard
HMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS View Post
I swear my gray CJ is invisible on asphalt roads. Other drivers just don't seem to see me sometimes. Therefore, I was thinking there must be a way to make the turn signal/parking lights burn both filaments as a running light and just be interrupted when signaling.I think it would look cool and serve my purpose.
Has anyone tried this?

Howard
It happens all the time with a bad ground.

But yes It could be done. Let me think of the simplest way.

They have to be ON when the parking lights are on but OFF when they are not. Also you still have to retain the isolation between the left signal and right signal so you cant simply connect them to the parking lights.

Really though, most people cant see my jeep even with the headlights turned on.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.