Tubs from the Philippines - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tubs from the Philippines

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 02-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #76
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
Tub raffle? Uhmm let's start with a discount for an old tub swap [/url]
I'm good with just a free beer coupon.

waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #77
77t18a
1977 CJ5 

What Matt said....Again !!!! LMAO !!
77t18a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #78
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Like I said Rommel, its a tough crowd here on the JeepForum!

But honestly, it is of great interest that you have provided both insight and and concerns of your manufactured product. As I noted in a PM, little is known about the Repli-Tubs and any information you provide would be grateful. The pictures you have provided of the factory are a start in the right direction in order to get positive responses and I thank you for them. As they say, "A picture is with a 1000 words".

Having a sponsored BBQ at Quadratec is very enticing indeed. But there's one problem, May 14th of this year falls on a Tuesday which is during the regular work week for 80% of the people in the USA. Not many people can get off from work to show up. Perhaps the weekend before or after would be better. Extend your stay so to speak for the sake of improving your manufactured product?

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #79
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Perhaps that's why your tubs need so much work to make them right?

Just sayin'.....

Matt
you got a point there......now everything makes sense

Next step for me: "No alcohol during work" memo.
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #80
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
Looks a lot different then when I was there. Waaaayy back in 83 at Cubic Point NAS / Olonagapo City.
Cubi point is 2 hours away from us. Still a nice place. They converted it into a Free Port Zone.
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #81
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post

Having a sponsored BBQ at Quadratec is very enticing indeed. But there's one problem, May 14th of this year falls on a Tuesday which is during the regular work week for 80% of the people in the USA. Not many people can get off from work to show up. Perhaps the weekend before or after would be better. Extend your stay so to speak for the sake of improving your manufactured product?
I was proposing May 15, a Wednesday. So that the Jeepers can check out the Quadratec office in action as well. I can't go on the weekend of May18 because I have to be in Ohio for a Willys Reunion.

But if everyone prefers a weekend we can plan for the weekend before that which is May 11.

Can we get a show of hands on who can come on May 11 or May 15th?

Aside from the BBQ Quadratec is planning of chipping in on some goodies and some Quadratec gift certificates!

Please spread the word
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #82
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
you got a point there......now everything makes sense

Next step for me: "No alcohol during work" memo.
Thanks for taking my smarta$$ comment in the spirit it was intended.

I think the efforts you are making to improve your product are outstanding. I'm too far away to attend your event, but I will be there in spirit. I'm hope it will be well-attended.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #83
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think its great that you are trying to improve upon the aftermarket bodies. Just out of curiosity, about how many jeep bodies do you manufacture/sell each year?? And how global is your distribution?
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #84
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i would love to attend the BBQ and check out quadratec...but Texas is a long way away.
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #85
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

I'm for May 11th. It would be nice to meet you and the other from Quadratec that help us and take our orders. It's nice to but a face with a name and voice.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #86
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

This thread was started about a week late. I just chucked an '84 body in the dumpster. I would have gladly donated it. I am impressed with this thread, and will be FLOORED if the suggested improvements are made. Kudos Rommel.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #87
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
I think its great that you are trying to improve upon the aftermarket bodies. Just out of curiosity, about how many jeep bodies do you manufacture/sell each year?? And how global is your distribution?
it's really a small niche that we serve. We manufacture 29 different models of Jeep. So we don't really have economies of scale.

We make anywhere from 500 to 1000 tubs a year of various models depending on demand. And US crisis which started in 2008 really affected our sales.

It's only now that its picking up. And we want to keep up the momentum by improving our products.

Unread 02-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #88
dabottle
1986 CJ7 

Would love to see improvements in the tubs as I will be purchasing one for my rusted out '86 CJ-7 soon
dabottle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #89
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
it's really a small niche that we serve. We manufacture 29 different models of Jeep. So we don't really have economies of scale.

We make anywhere from 500 to 700 tubs a year of various models depending on demand. And US crisis which started in 2008 really affected our sales.

It's only now that its picking up. And we want to keep up the momentum by improving our products.

Unread 02-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #90
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottle View Post
Would love to see improvements in the tubs as I will be purchasing one for my rusted out '86 CJ-7 soon
would you be willing to donate your old tub for the sake of the jeep restoration hobby?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.