Tubs from the Philippines - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tubs from the Philippines

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #706
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCJ-5 View Post
I couldn't agreed more Fred. I am trying to set up a day for a friend of mine come over to see if my tub is in any way salvageable since I really don't want to go the aftermarket route. I'd still need to have a panel welded in to maintain the tailgate delete look.
Yeah, that's the problem with my tub....it is beyond salvage. I'd be lucky to get what Keith got for his old tub in scrap. Besides, who wants to get near a rusty old tub that smells like cat pee?

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #707
momo2
1980 CJ7 

Just tried to bolt my fixed rear bench into my repli-tub. And i was not sucessful.
If i align the the rear seat bracket with the row of holes in the floor which is closest to the tail gate and, the front bracket of the seat is too much forward by at least two inches.

finger marks the hole

And here comes the question: Is the bolt pattern for the fold'n'tumble seat different from the fixed seat and md juan just put in the fold'n'tumble pattern?

Or is it the same pattern an md juan just put the holes in the wrong place?

The distance between the tailgate and the most backward row of holes is
14 3/4 inches.

The distances between this row an the most frontward holes is 19 7/16
momo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #708
GFox
1985 CJ7 

I think I did read (or maybe saw in one of the videos) that the cowl section is hand formed and not stamped, but I can't be sure. It definitely looks had formed. My body was made in Nov. 2012 and was purchased from W/O. As far as the rear seat, I bolted my fold and tumble seat on just long enough to locate, mark and drill holes for the latched which mount to the wheel wells. I only used 1 bolt per side so now I'm wondering if the other holes line up. I'll try to check that this week. As for having to bend my hood, who knows, AMC might have bent it the other way to make it fit!

It still amazes me there is a company that makes Jeep bodies for us. And I will say that even with all the body work needed and drilling/modifying a few holes, I would buy one again and I would recommend the tub to a friend. If you think about it, you would have just as much fab work and filler if not more on a fiberglass tub. You would also have just as much on a factory tub or converting a YJ tub and you'd still have to deal with an old body where rust may have already taken a foothold.

I'm glad Rommel is here on the forum and working hard to make things better. You have to figure original OEM Jeeps are pretty rare in the U.S. and more so in the Phillipines, so good references are hard to come by. Combine that with the variations you get across all years and the variances in models that even came of the line together, how do you know what to use as a reference guide? A huge thanks to Keith as well for not only providing info to Rommel to make better bodies, but to us for use as a guide along the way for our restorations. That said, my cowl section is in great shape (don't think I wasn't tempted to splice the two bodies together) and I'd gladly ship it to MD Juan to keep for reference, though I'm not sure how practical that would be.

Keep up the good work Rommel, by the time my Jeep needs another body they will be perfect replicas!
GFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:06 PM   #709
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Your build date of Nov 2012 makes me feel a little better GFox. That's when my tub was manufactured as well. Mine was drop shipped from Omix though so it has no modifications done to it whatsoever. I will have to get a set of wheelhouse baffles and also the formed area to clear the rear of the fuel tank is still available from Chrysler (used all the way thru the end of TJ production) so I will splice that piece in as well. I need to get the garage cleaned out and get to work I guess! I miss driving my Jeep!

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #710
GFox
1985 CJ7 

Can anyone speak to the quality of door fitment with the Repli-Tub? After using all-thread as a jig to space the hinges appropriately (12 3/4" on center) in order to mount the lower doors and make modifications to mount the strikers, I noticed the fitment isn't all that great. I've elongated the windshield bolt holes to get the hinges flush with the top of the tub and adjusted the hinges so the doors sit level, but it seems the door seals just don't sit right in the openings. I'm using a Bestop Supertop with 2 piece soft doors and it's not too big of a concern as they'll mostly be in place only when it is garaged and not driven. I'd like to see some pictures of full steel doors, half doors and soft doors. I realize the seals are new and will seat better over time (seals I put on my YJ with full steel doors last summer are getting much better) but I was hoping for the doors to sit more flush. I may try some steel half doors to see if they fit any better. This to me has been the most difficult part so far, followed by the Crown windshield. The price you pay for mounting aftermarket to aftermarket, I guess.
Unread 02-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #711
O1dSoldier
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo View Post
Your build date of Nov 2012 makes me feel a little better GFox. That's when my tub was manufactured as well. Mine was drop shipped from Omix though so it has no modifications done to it whatsoever. I will have to get a set of wheelhouse baffles and also the formed area to clear the rear of the fuel tank is still available from Chrysler (used all the way thru the end of TJ production) so I will splice that piece in as well. I need to get the garage cleaned out and get to work I guess! I miss driving my Jeep!
Keith mentioned in his thread that he had to splice in a piece in order to mount the gas thank. Is what your referring to above the same issue? The point where the gas tank shield attaches to the rear of body isn't correct?

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch
O1dSoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #712
GFox
1985 CJ7 

No, that part on the bottom rear of the tub is now correct (though I'm not sure if W/O does this or MD Juan. Tonight I fitted the half doors onto my YJ and they really aren't fitting much better, so I'm happy to report that it's not an issue with the tub but just a poor quality door from Bestop.
Unread 02-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #713
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

I tried fitting my OEM doors to the Repli-tub I had and while the passenger side fit perfect, the drivers side had an ugly gap at the striker and below area. I tried adjusting it as best I could but it still did not look right so I scrapped the idea of using any doors at all on the Repli-tub. Still have my OEM steel doors in our warehouse at work sitting there collecting dust.

The new tubs are suppose to have the rear tailgate support corrected to clear the fuel tank. Previous tubs, like mine, had the piece straight across that interfered with the fuel tank. W/O use to cut of the the piece that interfered with the tank and I thought that was kind of sub par and weak rigidity. A boxed structure is much stronger than and thin angle piece that they were doing.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #714
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

New improvement on the CJ7 Flooring:

www.mdjuan.com.ph
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #715
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
New improvement on the CJ7 Flooring:

I'm going to have to go out and check my original tubs but I think the bolts were all 3/8" to begin with. 1/2" and 9/16" bolts are wayyyyy too big.

Good job adding the drain plug holes though.

How about the wheelhouses? Have the ridges been revised and the wheelhouse baffles with threaded holes for roll bar mounting been added?

Unread 03-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #716
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Ok I just went out and checked my YJ tub and also checked the factory CJ parts catalog. YJ and CJ rear floor pans are the same bolts and bolt patterns.

The front 4 holes (2 on each side) are 3/8"-16

The rear 3 holes are 7/16"-20

Those are used for mounting the seat belts on fold and tumble equipped and the rear seat bracket that also holds the seat belts on fixed seat models.

Also IIRC Keith had issue with the seat belt mounting threads on the B pillar. These are 7/16"-20 as well. (fine thread)

Unread 03-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #717
wmcurryjr

CJ8 Floor

Rommel,
Does the CJ8 floor mirror these corrections and bolt patterns. Did you make the same changes to the Scrambler floor as well?

Thank you, Wallace
wmcurryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #718
O1dSoldier
1978 CJ5 

I'm glad to see that the bolt hole pattern has been ireoned out. I assume this effort will also reach the CJ5 tub? Also, the curvature of the cowl has come up several times lately, has that issue been addressed yet as well?

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch
O1dSoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #719
kconnor123
1978 CJ7 

Anyone know when these fixes will be finished and a build run? How long till the dealers get em? Or are some already out there?
kconnor123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #720
kconnor123
1978 CJ7 

Ok never mind, I just went back and read a chunk of these 48 pages and found they should be out there....
kconnor123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.