Tubs from the Philippines - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tubs from the Philippines

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 02-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #46
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo View Post
Rommel,

I would suggest that you get together with one of your main distributors of the tubs in the US (Omix or Willys-Overland) and ask them to source you some straight (although maybe somewhat rusted) OEM tubs for various years, perhaps 1976-80, 1981-1986, and 1987-1995 and crate them up and send them to you the way you send new tubs to them. Then you'll have the real thing right there to get the smaller details discussed in this thread corrected. The biggies are the firewall, cowl and rear body mount section as Keith has described already.

Thanks for taking the time to find out what all of our concerns are!
He is concerned, that's for sure.

We are discussing about his upcoming visit to Qaudratec this May and he is looking to view and measure an original CJ late model tub for measurements. Anybody game for showing up with a OEM tub that can be used for measuring? I'm going to try and get in touch with Spitton who I know has an original manufactured CJ-7 tub he found that was in storage for 15 years. I don't know if it is on the frame yet or a finished restoration.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #47
BlkCJ7Laredo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post

We are discussing about his upcoming visit to Qaudratec this May and he is looking to view and measure an original CJ late model tub for measurements. Anybody game for showing up with a OEM tub that can be used for measuring? I'm going to try and get in touch with Spitton who I know has an original manufactured CJ-7 tub he found that was in storage for 15 years. I don't know if it is on the frame yet or a finished restoration.
That would be great! If you have that tub, plus your Jeep, and see if you can get Bobs85Reny since his Jeep is almost 100% OEM stock, and have a bare Repli-Tub on hand that should be enough to be able to point out everything.

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #48
RamblingCJ
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460

Where is it? I'd be open to checking in and having measurements taken depending on location. Practically rust free 86 CJ7 here.

I'm just thrilled to see a company set on making a better CJ product. The market is there for sure. I checked out their website today and it definitely seems like an honest and sincere effort here. Thanks Keith for your efforts, as well!
RamblingCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #49
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblingCJ View Post
Where is it? I'd be open to checking in and having measurements taken depending on location. Practically rust free 86 CJ7 here.
Quadratec is located in West Chester PA.

Unread 02-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #50
RamblingCJ
1986 CJ7 

Yeah, I thought it was somewhere up there. I'm sure there's someone else that's a better candidate. Nevertheless, props to this effort.
RamblingCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #51
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Hi Guys,

What model tubs do we need to source?

OEM tubs for various years: 1976-80, 1981-1986, and 1987-1995? Any others?

What had the most production?

I'll ask help from our dealers. But I would also appreciate any help from the forum members here.

If you guys can provide me an old tub that's a good specimen I think we can make a deal on a brand new tub with all the correct measurements

What do you think?

Rommel
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #52
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

1976 -1980 are almost as similar to the later 1981-1986 model years with the exception of the floor tunnel opening for transmission and side marker lights at the rear sides. There is also a difference on how the factory roll bar mounted for those years as well, along with the vertical side panel supports.

1981 -1986 are by far the most popular. They came with the most options and were outfitted with the most brackets and holes. But a lot of Jeep owners don't wish to have all the holes in the firewall from these years because of the ECM (Engine Control Module) that is most often removed when restoring. I'm not even sure putting holes in the rear panels for the fuel door, rear lights mounting and wiring and holes for the swing away tire carrier on all the produced Repli-Tubs is necessary as most guys like to add different light fixtures and spare tire carriers mounted off a rear bumper instead. But, then again, guys like me wish the holes in the rear section were there especially for the factory swing away tire carrier. Maybe an optional choice available on your part? Rear section corner panels blank or with factory cutouts and holes.

1987-1995 YJ tubs? You really don't want to produce them do you? Just kidding, but they are frowned upon here on the CJ section of the forum. They are considered the bastard child designed by AMC and produced by Chrysler with the worst change to the front grill that took away the iconic "round" headlight look and replaced them with the hideous square lights. Jeep took so much public outcry and abuse about that, that they made sure the next model (TJ) were produced with the iconic round headlights and 7 slot grill. I highly doubt they will ever produce such a failure again and have patented the round and 7 slot grill as a trademark.
Does MD Juan want to make some extra money? Produce a front grill that will house standard CJ style 7" round headlights that flows with the contours of the YJ front hood. That my friend, would sell!

Rommel, have you ever talked to Jay, the owner and operator of Willys-Overland Motors in Toledo Ohio? They do extensive work on the Repli-Tubs that come into their shop and prep them for public sale with all the modifications needed to bolt them onto a factory Jeep frame. I've talked to him on a few occasions and a couple of the shop guys that do the actual work on the tubs to acquire and swap ideas on the modifications that were needed for the tubs to fit. Their website is here: http://www.willysoverland.com/index.php

The idea of providing a good deal on a tub to someone on the forum in exchange for a decent OEM tub for measurements will have guys salivating at the mouth.

Unread 02-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #53
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
Hi Guys,

What model tubs do we need to source?

OEM tubs for various years: 1976-80, 1981-1986, and 1987-1995? Any others?

What had the most production?

I'll ask help from our dealers. But I would also appreciate any help from the forum members here.

If you guys can provide me an old tub that's a good specimen I think we can make a deal on a brand new tub with all the correct measurements

What do you think?

Rommel

I have a 78 CJ7 tub spare and a 67 CJ6 Tub as well id kindly donate to you for a CJ7 replacement tub. IM in Brisbane Australia so shipping would be cheaper than the US plus you could get the RHD measurements as well and open up a bigger market. The CJ6 is very rare in the US so releasing one and a chassis to suit would be a good seller.
VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #54
miami-boy
1985 CJ7 

Hi Rommel,
can I join the opinion of Keith just ... also here in Germany are good jeeps rare and the later cohorts are more popular as the Yps ... I think that our dealer here in Germany where I bought my body would sell a lot more if the bodys described issues are resolved. Also I think it would be very interesting if we could get a version of the page .... with embossing at an acceptable price here is mostly the embossed vice welded, which of course is not a problem but in my eyes would also be avoided.
Here too Yps conversions of vehicles to be made on CJ front which is becoming more popular here in Germany, because of the taxation of all our vehicles, because the Yps is taxed usually cheaper as the cj and all people like to have a cj ...
greetings from Germany
miami-boy
miami-boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #55
momo2
1980 CJ7 

What miami boy said, is also true for Austria. Although we might not have more than 300 CJs here, i know of ten people right now, who will buy a new tub, if there are no issues.

@miami boy: Please answer my private message
momo2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #56
OrangeCJ-5

1978 CJ5 

I suppose I may be in the minority here but my '78 CJ5 has the tailgate delete. Having the option of buying a replacement tub without the tailgate would be great. I like the look without the tailgate and there isn't any room behind the rear seat so having one seems pointless. I'd trailer mine up to Phila. but my tub is in pretty bad shape so I'm not sure if it would be a good candidate for measurements.
OrangeCJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #57
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post

Rommel, have you ever talked to Jay, the owner and operator of Willys-Overland Motors in Toledo Ohio?
yes I've spoken to Jay of WO. He gets our tubs through our dealer Omix.
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #58
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Not so much about quality (we have parts arriving soon apparently so will be able to comment soon) but for gods sake get rid of your "Australian distributor" , he's a joke !

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #59
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
yes I've spoken to Jay of WO. He gets our tubs through our dealer Omix.
Ah, Omix-Ada in Norcross, Ga. That is where I saw my first glimpse of a Repli-Tub in their warehouse many years ago. I guy in the shipping area let me in to see after hours, by a back door. It was a recon mission at the time because nobody really knows what a Repli-Tub looks like up close and personal.
30-40 years ago, only JC Whitney was selling them in the back of their magazine.
I think I was one of the first who really took the time to document the tubs in all their splendor. Digital camera's and the power of the internet have put you on the map!

Unread 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #60
hmantractors
1979 CJ7 

1979 cj7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCJ-5 View Post
I suppose I may be in the minority here but my '78 CJ5 has the tailgate delete. Having the option of buying a replacement tub without the tailgate would be great. I like the look without the tailgate and there isn't any room behind the rear seat so having one seems pointless. I'd trailer mine up to Phila. but my tub is in pretty bad shape so I'm not sure if it would be a good candidate for measurements.
I have a 1979 CJ7 with the tailgate delete. Does anyone have any idea how rare this option is. Mine is the only one i have seen. I really like the looks as well. Tailgate seems pointless to me. Just my 2 cents.
hmantractors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.