Tubs from the Philippines - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tubs from the Philippines

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Reply
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #556
RommelJuan
Member
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila
Posts: 214
You can contact either Daryl Bensinger or Ron Fitzpatrick and order from their most current shipment. All their stocks right now are new. You can even ask for customized features and we can do it for you.

__________________
All for One at MDJuan!
http://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
http://www.twitter.com/mdjuanjeepparts
www.mdjuan.com.ph
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #557
BlkCJ7Laredo
Senior Member
 
BlkCJ7Laredo's Avatar
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Potsdam, NY
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
You can contact either Daryl Bensinger or Ron Fitzpatrick and order from their most current shipment. All their stocks right now are new. You can even ask for customized features and we can do it for you.
What supplier do these guys work for?

Also, would there be a way to get the new, correct rear piece that correctly clears the fuel tank and the rear wheelhouse baffles that you showed the molds for earlier in the thread for my new, waiting to be installed, old style tub sitting in my garage? This is for CJ-7 tub
__________________
'85 CJ-7 Laredo currently under construction.

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #558
RommelJuan
Member
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo View Post
What supplier do these guys work for?

Also, would there be a way to get the new, correct rear piece that correctly clears the fuel tank and the rear wheelhouse baffles that you showed the molds for earlier in the thread for my new, waiting to be installed, old style tub sitting in my garage? This is for CJ-7 tub
if you check our dealer page on our website you will see that Daryl and Ron are formal dealers. They always have fresh stock so you can get new tubs with them. They have the correct rear piece.

http://www.mdjuan.com.ph/index.php/dealers/
__________________
All for One at MDJuan!
http://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
http://www.twitter.com/mdjuanjeepparts
www.mdjuan.com.ph
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #559
BlkCJ7Laredo
Senior Member
 
BlkCJ7Laredo's Avatar
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Potsdam, NY
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
if you check our dealer page on our website you will see that Daryl and Ron are formal dealers. They always have fresh stock so you can get new tubs with them. They have the correct rear piece.

http://www.mdjuan.com.ph/index.php/dealers/
I already have a new tub, but it is the old style. I just need the rear piece and the wheelhouse baffles to make it correct.
__________________
'85 CJ-7 Laredo currently under construction.

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #560
RommelJuan
Member
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila
Posts: 214
ok I'll post some pics tomorrow.
__________________
All for One at MDJuan!
http://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
http://www.twitter.com/mdjuanjeepparts
www.mdjuan.com.ph
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:32 AM   #561
wmcurryjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hays, Ks
Posts: 13
Replitubs

I think the concern initially with the half hard tops was the width of the body which was off slightly not allowing the top to "seat" properly. In addition the bulkhead protruded too high. Also, forum member "Dave The Sparky" who just recently purchased one mentioned a few other concerns...

The only major problem i have at the moment is that one of the wheel arches has been welded wrongly before fitting and i am going to have to cut it out and sort it. I will post some pics on the forum when i eventually do the review, i think someone must of had a bad day at the office when they made that one!.

The Jeep lettering is missing from the sides but i expected that and i need to sort that out as it is part of the tub and looks wrong without it.

For some reason the floor in the front has been cut across the middle and welded back together which wont be a problem as i am intending on installing some carpet but its just a bit strange!.

There are other odd bits and pieces like the door strikers have not been cut out for, the rear cross member is not boxed across the top and on the end all the way like original (its just in the middle where the tailgate is) and the door cut outs are not quite pressed correctly (but they will still work).


I'm excited for the new tubs. I just want to wait until all these corrections are made.

Wally
wmcurryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:40 AM   #562
wmcurryjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hays, Ks
Posts: 13
Willys Overland JEEP

Rommel,

Do you know if Willys Overland Jeep has fresh inventory or where do they get their stock from.

Wally
wmcurryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #563
RommelJuan
Member
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcurryjr View Post
Rommel,

Do you know if Willys Overland Jeep has fresh inventory or where do they get their stock from.

Wally
Willys Overland gets his MDjuan tubs from Omix Ada. Omix constantly orders so he always has our new stuff. But I am not sure how old are Willys Overlands stocks.
__________________
All for One at MDJuan!
http://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
http://www.twitter.com/mdjuanjeepparts
www.mdjuan.com.ph
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #564
titomars
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcurryjr View Post
Rommel,

Do you know if Willys Overland Jeep has fresh inventory or where do they get their stock from.

Wally
Didn't I read somewhere that they (Willy's Overland) go through their tubs and Do all the corrections, like holes, brackets, and other things to make their tubs more correct.
If so does their stock age make much difference if they are the newest from MD Juan or not?

I definitely want an genuine MD Juan tub for my CJ7 but I am at least a year out from that project
__________________
I don't worry about my MPG's. I see it as the price of admission...............Damn what a ride!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Originally Posted by wm69 **
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #565
RommelJuan
Member
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcurryjr View Post
I think the concern initially with the half hard tops was the width of the body which was off slightly not allowing the top to "seat" properly. In addition the bulkhead protruded too high. Also, forum member "Dave The Sparky" who just recently purchased one mentioned a few other concerns...

The only major problem i have at the moment is that one of the wheel arches has been welded wrongly before fitting and i am going to have to cut it out and sort it. I will post some pics on the forum when i eventually do the review, i think someone must of had a bad day at the office when they made that one!.

The Jeep lettering is missing from the sides but i expected that and i need to sort that out as it is part of the tub and looks wrong without it.

For some reason the floor in the front has been cut across the middle and welded back together which wont be a problem as i am intending on installing some carpet but its just a bit strange!.

There are other odd bits and pieces like the door strikers have not been cut out for, the rear cross member is not boxed across the top and on the end all the way like original (its just in the middle where the tailgate is) and the door cut outs are not quite pressed correctly (but they will still work).


I'm excited for the new tubs. I just want to wait until all these corrections are made.

Wally
can you please tell me where this was posted? can you post the link? I'm trying to find it in the cj8 page but I cant.
__________________
All for One at MDJuan!
http://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
http://www.twitter.com/mdjuanjeepparts
www.mdjuan.com.ph
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #566
RommelJuan
Member
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomars View Post
Didn't I read somewhere that they (Willy's Overland) go through their tubs and Do all the corrections, like holes, brackets, and other things to make their tubs more correct.
If so does their stock age make much difference if they are the newest from MD Juan or not?

I definitely want an genuine MD Juan tub for my CJ7 but I am at least a year out from that project
we've corrected all the things that need to be corrected so Willys Overland might not have to do a lot anymore. I suggest you still check prices and compare
__________________
All for One at MDJuan!
http://www.facebook.com/MDJuanjeeps
http://www.twitter.com/mdjuanjeepparts
www.mdjuan.com.ph
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #567
titomars
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
we've corrected all the things that need to be corrected so Willys Overland might not have to do a lot anymore. I suggest you still check prices and compare
Yes Rommel, that was kind of my point. When I was gathering info on tubs, it seemed to me that Willy's Overland was the place to go. But now that you have addressed many if not all the issues with your tubs. when I am ready I feel I will get a superior product where ever I buy my MD Juan tub.
__________________
I don't worry about my MPG's. I see it as the price of admission...............Damn what a ride!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Originally Posted by wm69 **
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #568
wmcurryjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hays, Ks
Posts: 13
Firewall holes/Mounting locations

Rommel,

Do you know if the new tubs have the correct holes drilled for the firewall and the mounting locations on the bottom for mounting to the frame?

Or do we still have to drill our own holes?

ALSO, will the new tubs have the "JEEP" logo embossed on them from now on? I'm confused as some of the earlier tubs do have the "JEEP" logo on them and most of the new tubs don't. Can those changes/custom features be added by your dealers mentioned above?

Thanks, Wally
wmcurryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #569
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One
 
keith460's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 4,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcurryjr View Post
Rommel,

Do you know if the new tubs have the correct holes drilled for the firewall and the mounting locations on the bottom for mounting to the frame?

Or do we still have to drill our own holes?

Thanks, Wally
All the Repli-tubs have the encapsulated nuts for mounting the body to the CJ frame



What holes are you referring to on the firewall?
__________________
.
1984 CJ-7 Renegade
__________________

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #570
wmcurryjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hays, Ks
Posts: 13
Firewall

Hi,

Is the firewall blank? Once I get my tub what holes will I have to drill? etc.
I am planning on using Willys Overland for that reason if he can get the new tubs?

Thanks, Wally
wmcurryjr is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.