Tubs from the Philippines - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tubs from the Philippines

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #196
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

He's not pushing the sales of his product. He's merely acquiring intel for improvement of existing and for future new products. A commendable thing, btw. Now if he wants to sell me one of the beauty's sitting on the bumper, then he'd be considered a.... vendor.

Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #197
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

I agree, what Rommel is doing is commendable.

That said, if I were a paying vendor sponsor, say like Crabtree Tool and Die, it would irritate me a little that Rommel is allowed to market his product with a free subscription.

Just my opinion. If the forum owners feel differently, then that's certainly their right.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #198
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Rommel,

Don't you think it's about time to become a paying vendor sponsor of this forum?

You are basically marketing your product, here, after all.

Matt
please see my pm
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #199
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
Rommel- I just "liked" your facebook page. You have a lot of great pictures and info there. After you get all the specs sorted out and make your next generation tubs, please let us know. I am very interested in getting a CJ7 or CJ8 tub, preferably one that's been galvanized!
thanks for liking our Facebook page. It's surprising but most of our Facebook fans are from Brazil!

Will keep you updated on our developments.
RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #200
scoutboater

1974 CJ5 

I have not once read where Rommel asked any of us to buy one of his tubs in this thread, and from what I have read he is just trying to get our help.
scoutboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #201
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

He doesn't have to ask "Please buy one of my tubs" to be advertising and marketing his product, here.

Rommel is very shrewd for capitalizing on the free R&D, that guys like Keith are providing. My hat's off to him for that. But I think it's disingenuous to say he's not advertising at the same time.

Matt
Unread 03-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #202
scoutboater

1974 CJ5 

Normally, I stay as far away from online arguments as I can, but I have to make one comment this time.

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing that this thread is not a form of advertising, only that advertising is not the original intent (or the current intent) of this thread. I feel that, as a paying member of the forum, this thread was started to help a CJ enthusiest (albeit a company, they are enthusiests none the less) improve a CJ build. Also, if the original spirit of the thread is followed thru on, we could all benefit from reproduction tubs that are of much higher quality than we are used to.

That being said, I will not comment on this part of the thread again.
scoutboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #203
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Matt- why are you do disgruntle? You seem to complain a lot.
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #204
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
Matt- why are you do disgruntle? You seem to complain a lot.
I'm not disgruntled at all, and I'm not sure where I've complained, if that's what you are asking. English can be tricky at times.

For the record, Rommel's PMs to me indicate that he agrees with me, and he is contacting the forum owners to setup a vendor membership.

I applaud him for helping to keep the forum going.

Matt
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #205
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
here it is again with the years of production:
1 .CJ7 Late (1977-85)
2 .CJ5 Early, Version A (1954-62)
3 . CJ5 Early, Version B (1963-69)
4. CJ5 Late, Version B (1978-83)
5. CJ5 Late, Version A (1976-77)
6. M38 (1950-53)
7. CJ6 Early (1955-75)
8. CJ6 Late (1976-81)
Rommel, since you're offering a discount on Repli-Tubs, and I am taking my time on my restoration, I have a 1976 CJ-5 tub that you are welcome to have, if it will help with the proper dimensions. It is not in the best condition, but it will give you the right measurements you need for the hat channels and the firewall holes. My biggest concern is making sure that the Repli-Tub I buy will have the triangular indentations in the rear sides, as the passenger side indentation houses the spare tire bumper, which prevents the spare tire from rubbing on the tub. I have attached pictures of what I'm talking about; the white CJ-5 is Bob Millen's, which is immaculate, and the 2nd pic is my CJ-5. When I spoke to Willys Overland, he told me that the tubs he was getting did not have those indentations.
1976-jeep-cj-5-abjs2.jpg   my-76-cj-5.jpg  

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #206
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

I noticed he's signed on as a supporter on CJ-8.com. My guess is that things are pending here. I agree with Matt that, although each and every one of us knows about MD Juan, my interest is piqued because of these threads, especially if they can get the measurements right on a CJ8 tub and get a Jeep stamp on it to boot. It would save me a LOT of work, money I'd probably be about even but might be a little ahead. Tub originality is what I would be sacrificing, though.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #207
SharonsRusty
1978 CJ7 

Ahhhhhh....come on Rommel! I want a shirt! Im a women, size medium...also bought a body from you...cj 7 1978...please...pretty please! Anyways, thanks for trying to make bodies better....
SharonsRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #208
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Rommel,

Don't you think it's about time to become a paying vendor sponsor of this forum?

You are basically marketing your product, here, after all.

Matt
I don't see it that way IMHO. There are faults to the Repli-Tub that need to be resolved and if Rommel wants to sell them than he needs to get serious about his product first before offering them for sale.

I look at this thread as a sincere source for getting the tubs corrected to OEM specs more than anything. Everybody's input is a welcome addition to getting problems resolved. R&D so to speak.

MD Juan in my eyes has always been a mystery and the photos Rommel is providing is an eye opener to all. The only thing I knew about the Repli-Tub just 5 short years ago was the fact that they were available from a magazine like JC Whitney with a generic photo that showed nothing. "Wording" that said body tubs will need some 'drilling' and 'modifications' is an understatement at best.

PM's and e-mails to Rommel, as well as this thread, will provide the much needed info as to why the tubs need work and the reason Jeepers stray away from them for a replacement bodies.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #209
RamblingCJ
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460

I don't see it that way IMHO. There are faults to the Repli-Tub that need to be resolved and if Rommel wants to sell them than he needs to get serious about his product first before offering them for sale.

I look at this thread as a sincere source for getting the tubs corrected to OEM specs more than anything. Everybody's input is a welcome addition to getting problems resolved. R&D so to speak.

MD Juan in my eyes has always been a mystery and the photos Rommel is providing is an eye opener to all. The only thing I knew about the Repli-Tub just 5 short years ago was the fact that they were available from a magazine like JC Whitney with a generic photo that showed nothing. "Wording" that said body tubs will need some 'drilling' and 'modifications' is an understatement at best.

PM's and e-mails to Rommel, as well as this thread, will provide the much needed info as to why the tubs need work and the reason Jeepers stray away from them for a replacement bodies.
Ditto.

I'm seriously interested in the future, but I'm not buying until these issues get resolved. I haven't felt as if he's trying to sell anything to me. Just R&D going on here.
RamblingCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #210
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

As I told Rommel in an e-mail, the CJ-5,7 and 8 are among the most popular and sought after Jeeps in history with all the comfort features people are looking for as well as the iconic look of a by gone era. His timing could have not been more perfect since the youngest CJ out there is more than 25 years old and most are in need of a new body with '0' rust.

Face it, a Jeep CJ is cheaper to restore than a 68 Chevelle SS 396 any day of the week and everyone loves them and wishes they owned one.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.