Tubs from the Philippines - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tubs from the Philippines

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #136
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

More plant shots!

This is our Die and Mold section:

RommelJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #137
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommelJuan View Post
Please pm me so we can discuss about Australian orders
Id buy a new tub or 2 if the local guy didnt charge through the nose and the shipping was reasonable. Ive had quotes of between 7 and 10k just for a new tub.
VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #138
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
Id buy a new tub or 2 if the local guy didnt charge through the nose and the shipping was reasonable. Ive had quotes of between 7 and 10k just for a new tub.
That's rediculous! You could float a tub there from the Philippines.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #139
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:

Since you do make and offer body parts as well, I have 2 suggestions for offering new pieces. Not all folks can afford or even need an entire tub, but coming from the perspective of a guy who repaired the better part of a tub, there are some things just not offered out there anywhere and would come in handy to the restoration market.
The first one is the B pillar side / door support at the rear of the door opening, beside the roll bar, on the 80's model CJ-7's. I'm not sure which all models use this besides those. It's an odd shaped piece that is stamp molded and hard to replicate by hand. The bottom portion of it is a common rust area for these models.

The second suggestion is a smaller piece but also has a left and a right side. The area is in the floor pan directly above the traverse support piece where the tranny tunnel drops down to two levels, the one under the front seats and the front floor level. You can see it in the pic above on the floor pans leaning that are facing us, and more specifically in this picture below.

Just a suggestion for another product to offer. I have yet to see another vendor offering these anywhere and none of the replacement floor pans offered include that corner area. You would corner the market.
Renegade82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #140
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
The first one is the B pillar side / door support at the rear of the door opening, beside the roll bar, on the 80's model CJ-7's. I'm not sure which all models use this besides those. It's an odd shaped piece that is stamp molded and hard to replicate by hand. The bottom portion of it is a common rust area for these models.
The only problem with those pieces from MD Juan is that they are not quite wide enough to duplicate the OEM version. They also lack the correct threaded hole for the seat belt retract mechanism. They come in at 5/16" or 3/8" threaded holes when they should be 7/16-20 threaded holes. Also missing on the drivers side are the small 6-32 or 8-32 threaded holes to hold the wire loom plastic conduits. Very difficult to get in there even with a right angle drill to make the holes. I was able to drill about two of them before resorting to double-sided-tape.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #141
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
is this the Tamworth guy vd2?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #142
CJunk
1984 CJ7 

I think Keith460 needs a free trip to the Phillippines.
CJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #143
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJunk View Post
I think Keith460 needs a free trip to the Phillippines.
For two; with an advisor's stipend, free food and lodging, and some complimentary tourist attraction action!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #144
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

By the way.

We are MDJUAN.

Unread 03-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #145
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
By the way.

We are MDJUAN.

Never mind the tubs, I want one of those uniform shirts!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #146
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
By the way.

We are MDJUAN.

Rommel- I gotta say, I have been reading this thread from the beginning. The interaction here has really changed my mind regarding how you guys do things. I was under the impression (as were many here I am sure) that these replacement parts were haphazardly hammered out of whatever you could get your hands on, with little care for fitment, quality control, or ease of use for the consumer. Because of your effort here, and the promised improvements to your products, I would definitely consider buying CJ parts from you company in the future (I don't need 'em right now). Thanks for caring. Don't let us down!

Chris

Nice looking group you got there!
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #147
roboto65

1976 CJ5 

Well Hello MDJuan crew keep up the good work and yeah I am liking the shirts also.
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #148
RamblingCJ
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnc-84cj7

rommel- i gotta say, i have been reading this thread from the beginning. The interaction here has really changed my mind regarding how you guys do things. I was under the impression (as were many here i am sure) that these replacement parts were haphazardly hammered out of whatever you could get your hands on, with little care for fitment, quality control, or ease of use for the consumer. Because of your effort here, and the promised improvements to your products, i would definitely consider buying cj parts from you company in the future (i don't need 'em right now). Thanks for caring. Don't let us down!

Chris

nice looking group you got there!
x2!
RamblingCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #149
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
By the way.

We are MDJUAN.

Hello to the crew. I also like those shirts. I'd buy and wear one.
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #150
RommelJuan
1980 CJ7 

Hey! Our Shirts are a HIT!

OK first 10 guys to give me their size gets one for free!

If you see us in PA in May I'll give it to you in person

GO!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.