is it true ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > is it true ?

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
sandhog

is it true ?

I have 1980 cj 5 with 327 sbc and 350 trans if I use advdnce adaptor motor mounts and move engine 1 inch to the left that will clear my front drive shaft right now it hits trans oil pan on very right side any help will be grate

sandhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I run a small block/T350 setup in my CJ too. I feel your pain with the driveshaft. My motor is currently centered but I'm running a long-splined driveshaft with the splined part riding next to the pan. The actual tube doesn't start until a couple inches from the pan. I have made contact under hard flex but normally, the smaller diameter of the splines clears okay...

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.