transmission help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > transmission help

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing the Quart Crate...

Unread 07-15-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
tera1298

transmission help

I just put a rebuilt tranny in my 73 cj5 304 v8.Here is my problem,The car would not go into gear,took the tranny out,found out
the the clutch plate all the springs fell out, the clutch cover one of the welded bolts broke and the pilot bushing came out of the
fly wheel and got stuck in between the clutch disc and fly wheel.Any ideas why this would happen. When i took off the stick
shift from the tranny,their was hardley any tranny fluid, When i installed the the tranny I put enough tranny fluid in and transfer
case fluid in tranny
Does the the fluid flow betweeen both the tranny and transfer case

tera1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #2
CSP

The clutch could have come apart from owner abuse or it could have just plain wore out.

Fluid is not shared between the tranny and tcase.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.