trans swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > trans swap

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-30-2002, 09:21 AM   #1
stonechucker

trans swap

I currently have a CJ-5 with a 3-speed trans in it. I was wondering if there was enouph room in the driveline to fit a newer 5 speed T-5. I know that it will connect to the amc 304 with the correct bell housing, but the question is on the length of it.

stonechucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2002, 01:05 AM   #2
RODDOR

I put a T5 in a 1983 CJ5 with a 258 engine. You are left with about a 13 inch long rear driveline. If you have a lot of lift you will probably need to get a cv shaft because of the angle. I used a straight shaft on mine with about a 2 inch lift. I found a catalog that listed a spicer rear driveshaft showing the T5 as option for the CJ5.
RODDOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.