trans input shaft lube? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > trans input shaft lube?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
shadoow
1985 CJ7 

trans input shaft lube?

have got my trans out (T177) for rebuild. Am also changing out the throwout bearing and pilot busing. I've read on these forums that the trans input shaft should be lightly lubricated. Was wondering if anyone has used a dry lubricant like slip plate. Seems it wouldn't have a tendency to collect debris as much as a grease would. What do you guys think??

shadoow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
shadoow
1985 CJ7 

anyone ??
shadoow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
caseypotts
1980 CJ7 

My clutch kit came with a very small amount of lube for this purpose. I used what came with the kit.

Her Ride
2003 Liberty Renegade
caseypotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
agear
1984 CJ7 

I used a light grease. Which is what my automotive technology text book said to use. You don't want to use too much because it will sling onto the clutch disc and that's not good. I also heard that you can use antiseize and I think the reasoning behind that is that it will not sling off. But like I said I stuck by the book.
1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
agear is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.