trans fer case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > trans fer case

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 09-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
lgrosskopf
1985 CJ5 

trans fer case

my dana 20 transfer case has twin stick setup on it the prob i have is thtat there is no detent present in the rear axle hand le 4 4low so it pops out but the front axles clicks in 4 low and holds fine transfer case is all new inside as well and the rear axle shiffter does click in hi range and neutral so im stumped.....

Last edited by lgrosskopf; 09-13-2011 at 05:35 PM..
lgrosskopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

They routinely stick in 4Lo, it is a feature. You need to back up a bit until it goes into neutral.

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 04:18 AM   #3
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

Welcome to the forum, lot of knowledgeable people that are willing to help in a clean environment.

I believe he is having a problem with it POPPING out of 4 lo not having problem GETTING it out of 4 lo. Not familiar with the inards of a 300 but if I were looking I woudl look for the syncro/engagement hub and the gear that it locks onto. I would also check the adjustments if any of the shifter, even if it out of adjustment chances are it has damaged something internally at this point. It is my understanding that they are very durable units.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.