Tranny Swap questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tranny Swap questions

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-31-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
thedesertnomad
1983 CJ8 

Tranny Swap questions

You guys have been a big help with some of my newbie questions so far, so...

I recently blew up a T-150 that I have in a "project" CJ-8. I am trying to get a T-176 / Dana 300 (I currently have the 20 TC) and can't seem to get a straight answer about needing an adapter. Do you need an adapter to mate a T-176 to a Dana 300? I was originally looking at a little over a grand for both, but after your opinions I looked further and can pick up the 176/300 combo all rebuilt for just over HALF that. I have ZERO tranny experience and need all the help I can get.

Thanks (again) in advance,

Bill

thedesertnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
cyclic17
1981 CJ7 

Bill,

I ran into similar problems when looking for a replacement for my T-5. The T176 shouldn't need an adapter because they came this way (on some models) from the factory. If you find it as a combo, you should be all set.
*'81.5 CJ7, D300, T-5, 258ci, 4" BDS lift, 33 's on 15x10 Bajas, Narrowed Waggy D44 Front, Scout D44 rear w/ARB locker, Not-so-Painless Wiring Harness, Warn 8274, Borla Headers, MC2100 carb, Shrockworks sliders, KC's, Full cage

*RIP: '88 Comanche Chief, stock except for KC lights on rollbar and custom stereo.
cyclic17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.