Tranny Rebuild. Shift Kit?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tranny Rebuild. Shift Kit??

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Darthteddy
1955 M-38 

Tranny Rebuild. Shift Kit??

So long story short I blew up my tranny a few weeks ago and now I'm getting it rebuilt. Its a turbo 350 going behind my built 231 dauntless. Is it worth it for my use to get the shift kit put in while I'm getting it rebuilt?? I read a little about shift kits online but I don't know how much it will beffefit me.

Its a trail only rig. I only use it for rock crawling for the most part. The motor has 225 heads on it, cams, a crank, and aftermarket pistons, ect. Trucks geared to 5:38 with 33s and locked front and rear. Should I do it?

Also.
The guy wants 860 without the shift kit to overhaul and 950 with it. is that an average price to get a tranny rebuilt. My existing tranny is "no good" acording to the shop because everything is fused together within the case. Its a very reputable shop and I don't doubt that what he's tellin me is true. So he's gonna get another case and work off of that I guess. I just don't know if I should go somewhere else or not.

Thanks

55 Willy's M38a1 - 231v6, 33" Super Swampers, D44 Full Floater Rear, Locked Front and Rear, 5.38 Gears, Viair OBA, Bilsteen 5100 shocks, Dana 18, Turbo 350, S10 Power Steering, Tilt-wheel, Full Cage, Flat Fenders....
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.