TOTW Fuel Injection - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > TOTW Fuel Injection

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-08-2006, 01:19 AM   #151
Bill USN-1

There are several ways to wire them.
IIRC there are letters on the plug or relay.

Mine also had a little diagram on them.

I can take some pics of a couple I have at home, after work today.

Unread 03-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #152
jlynch
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Mine has letters on the relay and the plug they are a-f. It also has a diagram on top of the relay but its like reading chinese for me.
Unread 03-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #153
Bill USN-1

To start with go to this link and get the diagrams.
You want to get sheet 2 and 3.
At the bottom of sheet 2 is the FP relay circuit for the S/T M series of trucks.
I will use it for the explaination.

diagrams

Here's the diagram...

Note:
Pin A comes from the ECM pin A1 and is used to apply 12V to the relay to turn it on.

Pin C is the ground wire. Can be connected to one of the black/wht wires.

Pin D is your 12V from a fuse. This is normally tied to the org wires B1 and C16. It is the same that provides the bat 12V to the ECM.

Pin B is the output of the relay going to the Fuel Pump or any other load you have connected to it.
This also ties to pin B2 of the ECM to tell it when the FP is actually running.

Now the pin letters may not be exactly the same as this diagram. That's not important. It you follow the diagram here and the description and just match it up to the diagram on your relay!!!

Unread 03-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #154
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Writeup has been updated:

http://www.bustedjeep.com/projects/junkyardtbi.asp
Unread 03-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #155
rjcj-8

Kevin ,
since it looks like you are running OBA off your motor have you though of programing your chip to use the AC on sense to increase your RPMs while the OBA is on to increase air out put?
rjcj-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #156
ChiliPepperTJ

Well I think it has it programmed into it already, but I'm not sure. I have the ac wire labeled, but I have not hooked that up yet. If the vechicle the ecm came from had ac, wouldn't it be programmed? I have a hand throttle on the cj too so if its not programmed into it I don' think I'm gonna get a chip burned yet unless I need to. I just bought a VSS from howell for $100 shipped. I figured I got it this far might as well do it right and get a vss. I'll be smog legal then, but I don't go over 5000 miles a year so I'm exempt anyway. I still have to bump up my fuel pressure on the tbi too so as soon as I do that and get the vss in I'm gonna log some more data. I gotta stop spending money on this thing :-D.
Kevin
84 CJ-7 Renegade- 258,GM TBI w/ ESC, HEI, T-5, D300, D30, AMC 20 w/ trac loc and superior shafts, 2.5" BDS lift, 1" daystar BL, MORE shackles, Tie rod flip, 33" Swamper SSR's, Full cage, OBA, A to Z rocker guards, A to Z rear cage, Warn 9.5ti, Taurus fan, Herc'd tub, LED tail lights, Hand throttle, Hella Fogs, Hella headlight conversion, more to come...

02 WJ Limited, 4.7 H.O., RB1 Nav, DD and toddler hauler

Checkout my Junkyard TBI writeup: http://www.bustedjeep.com/projects/junkyardtbi.asp
ChiliPepperTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #157
Tshark299
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepperTJ
I still have to bump up my fuel pressure on the tbi too so as soon as I do that and get the vss in I'm gonna log some more data.
How do you know/Why do you have to do this?

'95 XJ - Donated drive train to the YJ, Parted out the rest

'51 CJ-3A - Buick 225 V6: Painless Wiring Harness, Warn Overdrive & Hubs, 2" Lift, 31" Muds
Tshark299 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #158
ChiliPepperTJ

I made the cable to hook it up to my laptop and downloaded the program that reads the ecm. Its called winaldl. I sent the file I logged to bill-usn1 and he read it and told me I am lean at idle. I have to adjust the fuel pressure regulator on the tbi injector pod. Its easy too do I've just been busy and didnt do it yet.
Kevin
84 CJ-7 Renegade- 258,GM TBI w/ ESC, HEI, T-5, D300, D30, AMC 20 w/ trac loc and superior shafts, 2.5" BDS lift, 1" daystar BL, MORE shackles, Tie rod flip, 33" Swamper SSR's, Full cage, OBA, A to Z rocker guards, A to Z rear cage, Warn 9.5ti, Taurus fan, Herc'd tub, LED tail lights, Hand throttle, Hella Fogs, Hella headlight conversion, more to come...

Checkout my Junkyard TBI writeup: http://www.bustedjeep.com/projects/junkyardtbi.asp
Unread 03-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #159
rjcj-8

what is programed into the stock chip is a short increase to compensate for the compressor kicking in.
I'm doing the electronic version of the hand throttle.
My chip is programmed to increase idle to about 1300rpm when there is +12 on the ac wire. I had connected mine to the compressor and to a switch so i can either have the rpm increase when the oba kicks in or i can hit a switch and it will kick the rpms up to 1300.
Unread 03-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #160
ChiliPepperTJ

rjcj8 thats a cool idea. Do you have the ability to burn your own chips?
Kevin

Unread 03-17-2006, 07:49 AM   #161
rjcj-8

no, not yet. I'm thinking about it but I'm going to wait till i can get some data logged and see how she is running one i get the motor broke in, still have less than 500 miles on her so far.
I got my chip from AFI and they had programed that in for me. So far it seams to be on the money. I'm running computer controlled timing with out the knock or vss.
Have not had it ping running low octane fuel.
Unread 03-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #162
jlynch
1992 YJ Wrangler 

How much did AFI charge you for the chip?
Unread 03-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #163
rjcj-8

It was $95 plus shipping of a few dollars.
They have real good service and I recommend them if you can not burn your own.
Or want a chip that is real close to begin with.
Unread 03-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #164
18to80DDC
Built Not Bought

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've been searching the CJ forums but can't seem to find anything.

Is there a AMC 360 TBI option that I could just pull off another motor and put on mine, or am I left with only the 350's that need modding?

Also, did the '73 and '82 six's come stock with an EGR? I got both mine after the six was gone so I have no idea if I need one on the 360's
1971 Series III E-type Jaguar V12 - no lift...

Last edited by 18to80DDC; 03-19-2006 at 07:16 PM..
18to80DDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2006, 07:51 AM   #165
jlynch
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I think the 350 is as close as your going to get for your 360. I was told it will run fine using the stock 350 chip but reprogramming the chip is recommended for better performance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.