TJ windshield frame on CJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > TJ windshield frame on CJ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-13-2003, 07:21 PM   #1
rustyCJ

TJ windshield frame on CJ?

will a TJ windshield frame work on a CJ? a friend that works at an autobody shop can hook me up with a TJ windshield frame if i want it. i know the hinges are diff but couldnt i just mod the hinges to work with my CJ? i not gonna worry bout heat vents or anything, just wondering if my top and doors will still work.

i need to let him know before his boss gets to work tomorrow morning wether i want it or not, lol......dont ask me, anyway so the quicker the input the better.

Unread 04-13-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Gator

Re: TJ windshield frame on CJ?

Quote:
Originally posted by rustyCJ
will a TJ windshield frame work on a CJ? a friend that works at an autobody shop can hook me up with a TJ windshield frame if i want it. i know the hinges are diff but couldnt i just mod the hinges to work with my CJ? i not gonna worry bout heat vents or anything, just wondering if my top and doors will still work.

i need to let him know before his boss gets to work tomorrow morning wether i want it or not, lol......dont ask me, anyway so the quicker the input the better.

I'm going to say NO because the top is different, Tj's uses the a rail type system with 2 large clips..
if your not worried about Heating ducts... get a YJ frame atleast the doors & top will work
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2003, 10:05 AM   #3
rustyCJ

ok, i called him this morn and told him to snatch it up for me. now here are my questions:

do they make a classic bikini for TJs?

is the front lip of the hardtop different on a TJ then it is on a CJ/YJ, will my hardtop work with this frame?

i am well aware that a YJ frame would be better and that a CJ frame would be perfect, the only problem is i cant find either of those for free and when your jeep funds are limited you learn to be a lil on the creative side when it comes to parts. so i picking this frame up tonight, anyone got any ideas how to make it work?
Unread 04-14-2003, 04:30 PM   #4
knifeboy2

It won't work. Sell it and use the $$ to get the right parts. Its all wrong for what you want to do and you'll spend more time cussing at it than actually getting something done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.