tires & wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > tires & wheels

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
jaydo

tires & wheels

86 cj 4" suspention lift , 1" body lift, 3/4" shackle lift. what size tires can i put under it. looking at 35x14.5x15 ss boggers ,4"back spaced wheel. but i think i could fit 37"x13.5x15. anybody run anyting close to that or bigger. thanks

jaydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
bdmonist
WTF is that?

1984 CJ7 

I have a 4 inch suspension, 2" body, 1 inch shackle and have 35'sx12.5. Haven't had any problems yet, but they will probably rub when compressed heavily. What is stock backspacing? A tire that wide needs to be farther out than stock I would think.

AMC 20 Write Up
In Progress - 4.56 gears, Aussie Rear Locker, Moser 1 Piece Axles
Coming Soon - CV Shafts, Welded Tubes, trusses
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

I have about 1/4" less lift than you and run 35x12.5's comfortably. Swampers tend to run true to size, so the 35's will probably be your limit. 37's would technically fit, but you'd have very little room for travel (and assuming you still have stock axles you'd really be pushing it strength-wise).
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #4
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

I would consider a 3 something back space...those wide boggers will play hell on your springs when turning...they have massive side lugs...
"offroad it, and wave then you might understand"[/QUOTE]
BLS Home Chapter... Where it all Started
:hahaha: yj

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Mr.Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.