Tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Tires?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-20-2002, 06:56 PM   #1
jeepin cj-5

Tires?

I know everyone has their favorite tires. I am looking at getting 33s for my cj5 but I was wonderin what are the best or good tires. I was thinking about xterrains but i heard the were no good. Now i am looking at the mud terrains. Which brand is the best ...

jeepin cj-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2002, 07:29 PM   #2
rustyCJ

whats your favorite icecream? you might as well ask that question cause it is the same with tires. everyone has their likes and dislikes for one reason or another. you will get one person to swear by BFG while another will cuss them. i hate to say it but when it comes to tires, it all depends on your needs and driving habits, and everyones are different.
Unread 11-20-2002, 08:42 PM   #3
cj5mudman4x4

i have heard GREAT things about Xterrains, my friends dad has them, and he loves them. so like rusty said, its all about ur needs though. i love my Kumho Venture MT that i got in the 33x12.5 series for my 73'. i love them, and they only cost me 425.00 shipped to my house. www.tirerack.com check it out!
INDEPENDENT OFFROAD member Bowling Green, Ky
cj5mudman4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2002, 09:21 PM   #4
JEEPIN_I_AM

If u want one that will last forever get the bfg Mud terrain KM. On a jeep it should last about forever. My dad has 70k mi on his 33's on his F350 truck that pulls all the time and they are just about done. They look mean and play hard but that is just what i think.
JEEPIN_I_AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2002, 09:24 PM   #5
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Pro Comp MT's on my CJ. I love em. They have great traction on mud, dirt, rocks, yes, I said rocks. Check my previous post on how my MT's pick up rocks. They are quiet on the road, and cost less than BFG's. I give em a thumbs up.
Unread 11-21-2002, 02:06 AM   #6
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

TSL Swampers... they're heavy, noisy, rough riding, flat spot in the mornings, don't last very long, and are expensive... but they kick *** on the trail and carry a cool factor of 10+

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2002, 03:46 PM   #7
jeepin cj-5

I know the pro comp mts and bfg mts are abouyt the same... someone must have done some research What one has better specs like tread depth and all that stuff
jeepin cj-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2002, 04:33 PM   #8
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've read that the BFG's last a little longer than the Pro Comps. The Pro Comps are siped which aids in the snow. They also accept studs for snow. The BFG's cost a little more and last a little longer. That's about it.
Unread 11-21-2002, 05:25 PM   #9
thecarman

Just buy which ever brand makes you the happiest! It's just opinions.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.