Time to Paint. What color is this? Advice (Pic & paint code options) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Time to Paint. What color is this? Advice (Pic & paint code options)

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 09-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
Floridazed
1980 CJ7 

Time to Paint. What color is this? Advice (Pic & paint code options)

Can I get some opinions from some experts....Confused.

While it is hard to tell from the paint swatch on the website, I need to know 100% that the color of the jeep below is in fact a true 1984 color called "Chestnut Brown Metallic". You can find my source at http://www.cjoffroad.com/writeup.asp?WU_ID=30&noAdd=1
I get confused, because it could also be "Cinnamon Metallic" but the swatch is a yellow shade on the site.

Also, more pics of the jeep at http://jeepbrokers.com/Jeep_Ads_Curr...macdougall.htm The ad states that the paint is original, or alludes to it.

Thanks!

Project "Vote Utilitarian"
Floridazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
DT5150
1983 CJ7 

my first cj was exactly like that one. it is the factory color, but i couldn't tell you the name.
Unread 09-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

I am almost certain your pic is of the cinnamon metallic.

IIRC, the chestnut brown metallic is a lot closer to this:

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

I had this same issue with my 76... I THOUGHT it was Omaha, but in reality it was Renegade Orange.

The picture on the website looked closer to Omaha, so I went with that... it was wrong, but ultimately I changed over to the Omaha Orange.

I think the color match is more cinamon... it doesn't look yellow on my monitor, it looks more like that first picture... that is the downside of the internet and such small swatches, it is hard to compare it to a sun weathered 32 year old Jeep...

cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
Curt Reinhardt
1978 CJ5 

I agree with Hoss - your's is definitely NOT Chestnut.
Curt Reinhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #6
Floridazed
1980 CJ7 

Wow, good thing I checked! I would be riding around UPS if I hadnt.
I just didcovered an Auto paint distribution center in town that should have paint swatch books from every year. I am going to make sure there.

Thanks all for the help. That would have cost me $! This membership to JF is really paying off
Project "Vote Utilitarian"
Floridazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
ILoveMyJeep1996
1984 CJ7 

Mine is that color, but without the stickers, the po peeled them off. That color looks great without the stickers, but I'll have to repaint it because of the new patch panels, it's gonna be a whole lot easier now that i know what color it is, thanks!
ILoveMyJeep1996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.