tie rod flip - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > tie rod flip

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRotten View Post
I am seeing some people are having issues with the tie rods hitting after doing the flip on their Jeeps. I see M.O.R.E. sells a steering box mount hat is an 1 1/4" forward from stock will this solve the problem? Thank you.
What are the tie rods hitting?

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #17
dg6772
1986 CJ7 

I'm having mine done by a local guy who's done many. He says he can do it installed for less than M.O.R.E.Gotta do it! Lol

From Dave G. in Muskegon
dg6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
zbd74
1980 CJ7 

I did the flip many years ago when running the D30, worked great for me till I blew the knuckle off, then I upgraded to a D44 & went Hi-steer 1ton setup

Went through OK4x4, At the time they supplied a tapered reamer also. Doesn't look as if they do now though, but you could ask
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbd74 View Post
I did the flip many years ago when running the D30, worked great for me till I blew the knuckle off, then I upgraded to a D44 & went Hi-steer 1ton setup

Went through OK4x4, At the time they supplied a tapered reamer also. Doesn't look as if they do now though, but you could ask
If I ever need to change knuckles, I think that would be the rout I would go too. I think my driver side knuckle has a bend in the arm, it is slight so I am not sure if it is indeed tweaked or not. It may prove to be the excuse I need to do it though LOL.

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.