Throttle cable and linkage help please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Throttle cable and linkage help please

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
dizney4

Throttle cable and linkage help please

I have a 83 CJ7 and have replaced the 4.2 with howell FI on the stock intake with a mid 90's 4.0 with the same howell FI on a clifford intake. My problem is the clifford intake does not have the mount for the stock linkage. So how do I get the throttle cable to hook up? If you have pictures that would be great. Thanks for any help anyone can be.

dizney4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

Forget the linkage and run the cable straight to it.

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
-AC-
1977 CJ5 

This may not be much help, but you aren't getting a ton of replies, so I thouht I'd throw it in. My 304 came with a Super-High Tech-Ultra Performance coat-hanger throttle "cable". The one I ordered from 4WD was model-correct, but too short. Luckily, they had the length of each year/model in the catalog, and so I got a bit smarter, measured how long it should be at closed-throttle, and was able to order one that works well. With any luck, maybe you can take a tape measure, see how long a cable you need, and find one that's close enough to offer full-closed and full-open on your TBI.

Just a thought...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.