Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Throttle cable and linkage help please

724 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  -AC- 
#1 ·
I have a 83 CJ7 and have replaced the 4.2 with howell FI on the stock intake with a mid 90's 4.0 with the same howell FI on a clifford intake. My problem is the clifford intake does not have the mount for the stock linkage. So how do I get the throttle cable to hook up? If you have pictures that would be great. Thanks for any help anyone can be.

#3 ·
This may not be much help, but you aren't getting a ton of replies, so I thouht I'd throw it in. My 304 came with a Super-High Tech-Ultra Performance coat-hanger throttle "cable". The one I ordered from 4WD was model-correct, but too short. Luckily, they had the length of each year/model in the catalog, and so I got a bit smarter, measured how long it should be at closed-throttle, and was able to order one that works well. With any luck, maybe you can take a tape measure, see how long a cable you need, and find one that's close enough to offer full-closed and full-open on your TBI.

Just a thought...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.