Throttle body spacer with Howell? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Throttle body spacer with Howell?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
gunrun45
1982 CJ7 

Throttle body spacer with Howell?

Anybody try an aftermarket throttle body spacers with the Howell TBI? I'm curious about mpg and performance?

gunrun45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

It will not make any difference other than help keep the TBI cool.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
gunrun45
1982 CJ7 

I've never tried them and just ran across a few in the summit racing catalogue for the Chevy TBI system. Figured it couldn't hurt to get opinions. Thanks
gunrun45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

I have run them on a couple different Chevy TBI rigs. My '96 Chevy with a 305 and my jeep 304. Both times I saw 1-2 MPG gains and what could be purely imagined increase in low end grunt (seat of my pants Dyno).

They were designed for carberators and thus will have a slighty positive effect for TBI as well due to the similar design. On a newer engine with MPI, they are a useless paper weight.

I probably would not have bought one for my jeep except I needed an extra inch more clearance under the TB. The impact on performance is so small that if you do decide to buy one, make it one of the last things you do. There are a ton of other things to spend money on first, or wait until a buddy gives you one.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.