thout i a had a locker, but found a lsd - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > thout i a had a locker, but found a lsd

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #16
grignac79
1979 CJ7 

I can't tell from the pic but on amc20's there were two carrier types. The smaller one works with the Richmond locker. The larger one does not as the spacing between the halves should be quite small. It appears you have a larger carrier and when the PO installed the locker, the halves are too far apart and have split out the locker. The main pin through the locker should be like 5/8 and on the larger carrier the pin is like 3/4". This spreads the locker halves as your picture shows so that the pins barely engage in the opposite half. I am betting the locker was installed on the wrong carrier.

I lived this one already. I had to buy a smaller carrier from Ebay to install the Richmond unit.

grignac79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.