Thoughts of 283 Chevy in a 84 CJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Thoughts of 283 Chevy in a 84 CJ

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
Taking2long
1984 CJ7 

Looks like I probably will be getting the 283. He's giving me a good price, I know him and where he lives . Also he is going have it start up and run for a whil so I can hear it before I take it. He's lettime me take the car so any accy I need will be there then return the shell once I swap over the motor. Nicest part is he'll work out a payment plan cause he also knows where I live. My only question at this point is bolting the motor to trans. I know I need the adapter but which flywheel do I use, SBC or Jeep. Also clutch, etc.

Taking2long is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #17
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

SBC flywheel.

SBC clutch.

Check with Novak or Advance for the particulars.
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #18
ErikEastman
1986 CJ7 

I have one in my 86' and it's lots and lots and lots of fun. It will roast 33x12.5's no problem. Plenty of room in the engine compartment, plus it revs right up and makes all the right V8 noises. Pretty much bomb-proof and can be rebuilt fairly easily once it gets to that point. Parts and people who can work on them everywhere. I have dual exhaust with stock Chevy manifolds. As long as your transmission etc are up for it, you really can't go wrong with any SBC. Have fun.

Some inspiration if you need it:

ErikEastman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
283 , chevy , engine swap , horsepower , sbc , swap , Torque

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.